VPS over water?

Reaction score
I haven't taken my bird over much water and never down low, what are the tips/tricks for a successful water flight? Is it a good idea to turn off VPS?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

It's not possible to turn off VPS on the Phantom 4.

To answer your question though, VPS does not work well over water. I'd recommend you don't fly close (< 30 feet) to the surface.

To answer your question though, VPS does not work well over water. I'd recommend you don't fly close (< 30 feet) to the surface.
do you have any idea why we cant disable it? I was taking some nice shots of a beach close to the water and it kept drifting with the wind/water... really annoying

do you have any idea why we cant disable it?
As far as I know, it's only impossible because that setting does not appear for the Phantom 4 in DJI GO. I believe it would be technically possible to add it though since it's a setting for the Phantom 3.

As far as I know, it's only impossible because that setting does not appear for the Phantom 4 in DJI GO. I believe it would be technically possible to add it though since it's a setting for the Phantom 3.
i know, i just meant why DJI made it so that we cant

Not sure. In the DJI forum, all they mention is it's not possible. You can prevent VPS from auto adjusting the Phantom's altitude by flying in ATTI mode though.

Thanks for the info.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I saw where someone put tape over the sensors to stop it from working.

Mark

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4