VPS not working

Reaction score
Hello. I have a Phantom 4 that I got a little close to a tree (just before leaves grew this spring), and it caught a small branch, flipped over, caught itself and went back to same spot... Before I could react to try and shut it down or back it out, it did it again, and to my luck, the battery came out and it fell about 5 feet. Very little damage (except my pride), two rotors were chewed up and it had two small cracks in shell. No big deal.
The issue I have had since is the vision positioning, obstacle avoidance and seemingly radar do not work at all. The screen no longer shows the object avoidance level bars. What seems different than anybody else's issues, is the phantom does not say anything is wrong. It is noticeably Unstable taking off, and hovering at low altitudes is not precise anymore (lurches and moves around). To land, I have to grab it out of the air as if I try and land, it comes close to falling over when shutting down. Taking off is a little scary as it is not nearly as nimble. If I fly it close to something, it has no clue and if I was to keep going, it would fly through objects.

I did listen to phantom instructions where it said sometimes you have to recalibrate when there is a crash, but when I try plugging into the dji2 program on a windows computer, it doesn't acknowledge it plugged in and says I have a problem with external drive (computer does realize something was plugged in, it just doesn't know what to do with it). Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!

Any time you have a crash, you should re-calibrate the IMU (the procedure's described in the manual and there are also several Youtube videos on the subject). In addition, OA (obstacle avoidance) can miss things like tiny branches. As far as it almost tipping over when shutting down, this is fairly common when shutting down by any method other than left stick straight back and hold for 3 seconds. Some people don't have problems with both sticks back and inside (or outside) but others do (presumably because they don't do it exactly simultaneously). You may be using the "left stick back and hold" method, I don't know. If I were you, I'd re-cal the IMU and see if that fixes your problem and QUIT FLYING CLOSE TO THINGS OR YOU'RE GOING TO SPEND THE ENTIRE DAY IN YOUR ROOM, YOUNG MAN!

Thanks for the advice Pharm. I did an IMU calibration and a compass calibration for good measure. Was hoping for my object avoidance to start working again... no change. I have front sensors and object avoidance turned on as well as radar on screen... Radar lines on screen do not show up (for object avoidance), and the drone still doesn't care if something is in front of it. I am unable to get djiassistant2 to communicate with drone (when plug into windows based computer, it acknowledges something was plugged in but does not show it was plugged in (I get a warning on computer that an external drive E) is not working properly.

Update... I was able to get dji assistant 2 to communicate with phantom 4 (by going through a computer procedure mentioned in another posting on a similar subject that allows Windows 10 to load drivers that are unsigned). Now after program confirms it has communication, and I go to calibration it said "please reboot the aircraft." I did that and it is stuck on a continuous calibration (wait state) until it eventually says "please reboot aircraft."
Anybody else have this?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik