VPS FIX?!

Reaction score
Well, I seemed to have fixed my VPS issue I have been plagued with after the 1.2.7 update on my P3A. Here is what seems to have fixed the problem:

Upgraded Firmware to 1.2.8. I then saw the firmware upgrade to the UAV was a success by pulling the .txt file.

I then formatted the SD Card, put the 1.2.8 firmware bin file back on the formatted card.

Next I put the SD Card with only the 1.2.8 on it back in the UAV, powered the UAV on, it made the upgrade sound again and I left it for 15 mins to do its thing. It got quiet after about 3 mins of starting it up but got quiet and I left it there to flash.

I then shut off the UAV, went outside and gave it a shot and bang! VPS is working properly and holding tight 2 feet off the ground. I then took it up high for a 16 min. Long distance flight and got none of the Ultrasonic Errors or anything I was getting before. Brought it back and VPS and UAV still stable.

Odd but it's fixed. 100% fixed and stable hover with no errors or instability!
@Michael Olsen

Last edited:
Well, I seemed to have fixed my VPS issue I have been plagued with after the 1.2.7 update on my P3A. Here is what seems to have fixed the problem:

Upgraded Firmware to 1.2.8. I then saw the firmware upgrade to the UAV was a success by pulling the .txt file.

I then formatted the SD Card, put the 1.2.8 firmware bin file back on the formatted card.

Next I put the SD Card with only the 1.2.8 on it back in the UAV, powered the UAV on, it made the upgrade sound again and I left it for 15 mins to do its thing. It got quiet after about 3 mins of starting it up but got quiet and I left it there to flash.

I then shut off the UAV, went outside and gave it a shot and bang! VPS is working properly and holding tight 2 feet off the ground. I then took it up high for a 16 min. Long distance flight and got none of the Ultrasonic Errors or anything I was getting before. Brought it back and VPS and UAV still stable.

@Michael Olsen

Did the text file show the upgrade again?

I didn't check. :(. I just gave it a shot and reformatted when I was in the sky because I found something I really wanted to record.

You guys can say hocus pocus, yadda yadda and that's fine because it worked for myself and two other members on this forum. I was just the only person to make a thread because there is some sort of merit with it at this point. I fly my P3 for about 2 hours every single day and have been bothered with the VPS instability and Ultrasonic errors every flight since my upgrade to 1.2.7. I have now made (3) 18 min flights and can report that there is no longer any issue and the bird is stable and I get zero ultrasonic errors and the VPS is enabled and working as it should now. Yes, sounds crazy to me too but it's working at this point and I fly enough to know exactly how this bird reacts. I'm just trying to help out other people who have had this issue so do me a favor and think what you want but don't bust my balls. :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the info but please remember when you're doing things like this, check the logs. This could have been passed along to R&D:)

Reactions: cmyk22
Thanks for the info but please remember when you're doing things like this, check the logs. This could have been passed along to R&D:)

I have the floating issue not to bad...I'll do this later don't see any harm with the process so others mite want to give it a shot today as well seeing I'm another 9 hours of work. Save the info for blade and we can all go from that point. And find out if its hocus pocus! :)

You guys can say hocus pocus, yadda yadda and that's fine because it worked for myself and two other members on this forum. I was just the only person to make a thread because there is some sort of merit with it at this point. I fly my P3 for about 2 hours every single day and have been bothered with the VPS instability and Ultrasonic errors every flight since my upgrade to 1.2.7. I have now made (3) 18 min flights and can report that there is no longer any issue and the bird is stable and I get zero ultrasonic errors and the VPS is enabled and working as it should now. Yes, sounds crazy to me too but it's working at this point and I fly enough to know exactly how this bird reacts. I'm just trying to help out other people who have had this issue so do me a favor and think what you want but don't bust my balls. :)

Did you also re-update the Tx (RC).

@Michael Olsen
Someone here reported that exact scenario a day or two ago. Honestly I found it a bit incredible, but if more are seeing it there may be something to it.

Someone do it and save the log. Don't be eager like me to do it to prove that someone is full of $***. It fortunately backfired. Hahaha

From the other post it sounds to me like he is saying the IMU calibration resolved the issue. If you read it he notes the firmware re upgrade attempt didn't do anything so....

i've searched on the forum about flying with my ipad that has cell svc. with the do not disturb feature on with no luck. Maybe I don't know how to search? Is this a good idea or should I not worry about it. I value you opinion the only reason I ask. I want to keep the GPS on my ipad working. I've been told you can change your home lock to your Ipad if the need arises.

It wouldn't. This is hocus pocus.

I have to agree with the OP. This is a major problem. If he did something that worked, I would be happy to try it. Just to clarify, it was the same firmware that was reloaded onto the P3?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj