VPS coming on during flight at high altitude

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just did 2 flights, alititude was around 100 - 120 metres. I noticed on both flights, that at times the VPS reading suddenly came on saying i was approx 2 metres off the ground - when I was actually over 100 metres off the ground. There were no tall objects, this was out in the middle of the country. Flight was partly over water, but this issue occurred over both the land and water.

I installed a gimbal guard a couple of days back, could this be causing the false readings ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I installed a gimbal guard a couple of days back, could this be causing the false readings ?
If the gimbal guard is close enough that might be a possibility.
Since you don't need the VPS in normal outdoor flight, it's easy enough to disable it in the app and not worry about it.

Reactions: Jfasig
Gimbal guard is just one of the standard carbon fibre eBay jobs. Can't say I recall noticing this issue before the gimbal guard.

19ae72b1da2dc161ead9d3a769631ce3.jpg

Gimbal guard is just one of the standard carbon fibre eBay jobs. Can't say I recall noticing this issue before the gimbal guard.

19ae72b1da2dc161ead9d3a769631ce3.jpg

I have what appears to be the same gimbal guard on my p3 pro and have had the same exact thing happen. I believe the guard is the cause, but as others have said the VPS isn't necessarily needed outdoors. I turned mine off through the app as suggested with zero issues.

I have what appears to be the same gimbal guard on my p3 pro and have had the same exact thing happen. I believe the guard is the cause, but as others have said the VPS isn't necessarily needed outdoors. I turned mine off through the app as suggested with zero issues.

How is the VPS turned-off?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj