Votes: 14 17.9%
  • older than v1.4.x

Votes: 8 10.3%
  • v1.5

Votes: 5 6.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
This thread should help new and possibly older users get a feel for how many are on what firmware version for their DJI Phantom 3. Please vote below — this vote closes after 7 days.

Last edited:
Will be interesting to see what everyone is running. I would love to update my iPad Air to iOS 9.2.1 but am still running iOS 8.x.x and 1.4.1 on my P3P. Just nervous to upgrade as bird flies great currently and I am unaware of what features DJI has reduced in terms of functionality.

Wonder what most stable version of firmware currently is.

Spin2Win

I think 1.6.x is stable in so far as basic flying goes and is probably the most stable given that it's had the most updated and improvements.

I imagine that some people not upgrading are doing so because of (as you say) reduction in terms of functionality, not stability. As far as I know, there is one subject of contention (someone help me out here -- I'm forgetting the official name of this): that restricted permissions thing functionality where you need permission to fly in a zone (not the red No Fly Zone, but the yellow "must acquire official permissions" to fly there).

If you see those zones on your map, it's probably an area of concern for you. I don't see any, but that doesn't mean that hey won't appear in the future.

Note: that one restriction mentioned above may also be DJI Go app enabled. It may be just that, just firmware, or both.

I run 1.3.20 because the original 1.4.01 didn't. No need to upgrade when it runs perfect as is.

I run 1.3.20 because the original 1.4.01 didn't. No need to upgrade when it runs perfect as is.

1.4 didn't what?

Here's a list of improvements since 1.3:

v1.4.0010
  1. Added Intelligent Navigation Modes including Point of Interest, Follow Me and Waypoint.
  2. The photo format now cannot be changed when the camera is in operation
v1.6.0040
  1. Improved battery reliability when using the aircraft in cold environments
  2. Optimized battery management.
My observations on those updates:
  • Update #1 for v1.4: worth the price right there to me. You don't care for extra intelligent flight modes? Okay.
  • Update #1 for v1.6: some people had their birds drop out of the sky in cold environments. Batteries could go from near-full to 0% in a moment. That sure doesn't sound perfect.to me.
  • Update #2 for v1.6: I could be wrong, but this sounds like the one that slowed the birds down. I have a hard time believing they would do that without good reason.

What if I am not using one of the options available?

My quad is on 1.5 and I have never had any problems with it. After much research, I think the problems with the 1.5 firmware had a lot to do with when the quad was actually manufactured and when the firmware was released. This meaning, as evidenced by crash reports/rebuilds/open units, the first iteration of components used and firmware was okay but the shell and motors weren't; the second iteration of shell and motors were different for the shell at first, but then changed to the shell and the motors and then the esc's and the main board. A lot of hardware changes with not as many firmware changes. Just a thought or two on the process.

Last edited:
1.4 didn't what?

v1.4.0010
  1. Added Intelligent Navigation Modes including Point of Interest, Follow Me and Waypoint.
v1.6.0040
  • Update #1 for v1.4: worth the price right there to me. You don't care for extra intelligent flight modes? Okay.
  • Update #1 for v1.6: some people had their birds drop out of the sky in cold environments. Batteries could go from near-full to 0% in a moment. That sure doesn't sound perfect.to me.
  • Update #2 for v1.6: I could be wrong, but this sounds like the one that slowed the birds down. I have a hard time believing they would do that without good reason.

1.19 hands down
over 319 perfect fights since day one.
speed, distance, no fly zones to worry
about.....
the more you upgrade, ..the more DJI
takes away from you....

1.4 with dji go 2.5

no nfz for me :)

and for those like me running an out of date firmware, your quad is out of warranty. but guess what, i dont care...

Can't one also roll back the firmware to an earlier version (back to 1.19) if currently on 1.4.001?

I just recently got a pro on 1.19 for the "famous" speed, and while ive one had a couple flights so far this bird is NOT fast. It went slower for me than 1.6! But i did notice that the gps hover lock is super tight! 1.6 on both my birds is a little lose but 1.19 stays within 3"
I'll test 1.19 more soon but first impressions was it is NOT fast and doesnt live up to the hype

I will say i fly in an area where i get good signal for miles but i am noticing a definate signal loss on the video side w/ a "new motors" bird where in the same path "old motor"bird doesnt blink.
Off topic[emoji41]

1.4 didn't what?

v1.4.0010
v1.6.0040

Why would you create another account just to post a thread like this one? Is this thread just a easier way to get your new accounts post count up sooner? :confused:

Reactions: Reed L
Will be interesting to see what everyone is running. I would love to update my iPad Air to iOS 9.2.1 but am still running iOS 8.x.x and 1.4.1 on my P3P. Just nervous to upgrade as bird flies great currently and I am unaware of what features DJI has reduced in terms of functionality.

Wonder what most stable version of firmware currently is.

Spin2Win
As a data point for future update decisions.......I have the latest iOS on iPad mini 4 and iPhone 6 with DJI 1.6 and even Litchi Beta 1.4 with no ios issues or p3p issues.

Why would you create another account just to post a thread like this one? Is this thread just a easier way to get your new accounts post count up sooner? :confused:
You've peaked my curiosity Frank! Please share with the class what you mean by all this. Is somebody being sneaky or deceptive?

You've peaked my curiosity Frank! Please share with the class what you mean by all this. Is somebody being sneaky or deceptive?

That's a good question. Hard to say what the persons agenda is? I never have understood why people want to use multiple accounts, unless they're simply up to no good. But the situation is. there is IP address they post from, or the email IP info, plus other data that comes into play as well.

I have owned domains with discussion forums since 1998, and you would be surprised at what some people do, or in the case of the admin, think they're doing. I had one guy that was going through a divorce attempt to send me $5000 by trying to talk me into sending him copies where his wife and another guy was using their PM on the site to communicate back and forth with one another. Actually the guy got out of control because I wouldn't comply.

Reactions: dirtybum

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4