Voltage Display Missing the Leading Digit

GadgetGuy

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
image.jpg
The optional Voltage Display below the Battery Percentage in the upper right of the iOS Pilot app appears to be missing its leading digit of 1. Can be confusing at voltages above 10.0 Volts!

It's the (lowest) individual cell - not a combined total of all.

You can check all the cells in the APP.

Thanks for the clarifications! Is it a 4 cell battery?
What are acceptable values, and how do you use that lowest cell voltage display during flight to help in monitoring the displayed remaing battery percentage?

Thanks for the clarifications! Is it a 4 cell battery?
What are acceptable values, and how do you use that lowest cell voltage display during flight to help in monitoring the displayed remaing battery percentage?
It is a 4 cell battery, you use the voltage display to monitor the individual cells' voltage. If one cell's voltage drops significantly below the other 3, it can be a sign that a cell has been damaged and that battery is not safe to fly with. You never want any of your cells to go below a certain voltage (I have heard 3.3V is the absolute minimum). Going below that will likely cause permanent damage to the cell and your battery will not work properly.

Thanks for the reply. Since the display only shows the lowest cell value, how do you know it is significantly below the other three, if it is, without looking at all four during flight, which isn't displayed on the main screen?

Thanks for the reply. Since the display only shows the lowest cell value, how do you know it is significantly below the other three, if it is, without looking at all four during flight, which isn't displayed on the main screen?
Some people set one of the custom buttons to quickly show the battery info screen. I haven't set a button myself, but I check the battery info screen as part of my pre flight checks.

I have C2 set to pop up the battery information screen, can check all cells at a glance and then back to map with another click. It is VERY important to monitor your battery in flight as it is the only thing keeping you up there.

I have C2 set to pop up the battery information screen, can check all cells at a glance and then back to map with another click. It is VERY important to monitor your battery in flight as it is the only thing keeping you up there.
Hey sir. I drove past your neighborhood yesterday on the way to Reno for a baseball tournament. As I drove by, I was checking the skies overhead just in case you were up there!

Good point! Sounds like I should give up using C1 as the horizontal/vertical camera switch, and change it to the battery information screen instead. We could cerainly use a C3! I use the Map/Camera view on C2 now. What do you use C1 for?

Map/FPV also
I did discover that touching on the remaining battery percentage icon on the upper right brings up the full battery window and pressing it again also acts as a toggle to return it to the the prior screen, just like the C2 setting you are using. Requires touching the screen, rather than using a dedicated transmitter button, but it's an easy alternative for those that want to use the C1 and C2 buttons for other things. Good to check prior to launch, and periodically when the low cell value gets into the 3's. :cool:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31