Voice recorder for P3

Reaction score
Hi all,

I know for most it may be stupid to do as you can always edit music or sound into a video afterwards.

I purchased this small voice recorder (8GB) so I can attach it onto my P3's leg and take sound recording too, I bought this specifically for low level flying when out with family and friends, just that extra so I can capture the moment, I know I'm going to get a lot of buzzing noise from the props and will point the mic towards the ground to try and minimize that.

It's weight is literally nothing (a £1 coin weighs more than this) and is very small, so guessing as a weight factor it won't be a problem for the P3.

It cost me £10 from ebay fyi.

Attachments

• 1444737203746.jpg
    1444737203746.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 368
Just another idea. Maybe record the audio on the ground and then use a free audio/video sync application like PluralEyes. That way you can avoid some of the noise.

Just another idea. Maybe record the audio on the ground and then use a free audio/video sync application like PluralEyes. That way you can avoid some of the noise.

I agree but don't know why I thought this might do a good job too.

Will test it next time I fly the P3.

How are you going to sync the video with the audio later so the voices/sounds match perfectly?

Putting a mic on camera is going to be full of prop noise. Definitely better off using a ground level mic or even just the iPhone voice recorder...

You can use noise-removal software that samples the sound you want gone and it then inverts the sound and cancels it leaving what's left. Results can be very good but may take some practice to get the desired effect.
I may try the same thing just for kicks.....what did you spend for the recorder OP?

*Edit....i see £10

You can use noise-removal software that samples the sound you want gone and it then inverts the sound and cancels it leaving what's left. Results can be very good but may take some practice to get the desired effect.
I may try the same thing just for kicks.....what did you spend for the recorder OP?

*Edit....i see £10

I was thinking the same about editing out unwanted noise.

I know I could of used my phone but I'm going abroad in December and thinking of sending the P3 to long distance and to different villages and wanted to take voice recording of where my P3 is and also editing unwanted noise out.

No high trees just open fields for low level flying where I'm going to be going and the routes I have planned.

You will also get wind noise as well as prop noise. You would need a wind cover over the microphone. After using a go pro on a gimbal the first thing to do was delete the audio track or mute it, pretty useless.

Alan

Bear in mind that when you remove "noise" from audio like this (prop buzzing), there is a high likelihood that the prop noise's frequency range will cross into the frequency range of the audio that you wish to retain. The results of which tend to sound "swimmy".

Reactions: Cerone
Bear in mind that when you remove "noise" from audio like this (prop buzzing), there is a high likelihood that the prop noise's frequency range will cross into the frequency range of the audio that you wish to retain. The results of which tend to sound "swimmy".
Yes, which is why i would append a clip to the front end of the audio clip of prop noise captured previously of props spinning indoors in a silent environment. As i said it takes a little trial and error to get good results, but where there's a will there's a way :)

Reactions: D4T_PoM
Yep, it will be all prop noise. My Q500 includes a Mic in the camera. I turn it off because it's useless while flying, however useful when used with the steady grip they include for shots from the ground.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic