Visor for Samsung GS4

Reaction score
I will be receiving my P2+ tomorrow. On my list of things to do is to make a "hood" for my smart phone (Samsung GS4) so it's visible in sunlight. I know when I am out on the golf course it is very difficult to view unless in the shade. Has anyone done anything like this already? I have searched the forum and not seen anything that fits the S4. I did see reference to a company that made visors but none that fit the S4.

I haven't found ANY sun hood to work in sunlight. It isn't the direct sunlight falling on the screen that is the problem. It's your reflected image and the bright sky directly behind you that is reflected on the screen. It's only better when standing in shade because you and what is behind you is not bright. I had to resort to building a sun box out of foamcore board -- which works perfectly. Looks a bit bulky, but it's lightweight and easy to hold. http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28381&hilit=+sun+box#p260347

I wish I had made a video when I constructed it, but unfortunately didn't. I just pictured the shape I wanted and cut the sides out of a piece of foam core and taped them together. I'll try to put together a diagram of the dimensions this weekend and also put together a picture tutorial this weekend on how the sun box and mount I made for my tablet attach to the controller.

This was so funny i had to post it here.
OMG... you totally invented the Star Trek Original Series Science Station! Awesome.

Attachments

• treknobabble55_12.jpg
    treknobabble55_12.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 275

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31