Visiting phantom

Reaction score
I was playing with the waypoints mode on my new P3S today. I was up about 150 feet and getting ready to set my first point, when another phantom drone appeared and hung around mine for a bit. It never came close enough for me to be concerned about, and the pilot was obviously more experienced than me as the flight of his drone was flawless. I just thought it was pretty cool.

I wish I wasn't as focused on my task as I was so I could have watched where it landed and met the guy...

Sent from my SM-T813 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Neon Euc
Is there a universal signal amongst drone pilots for some action to say "Hello!"? if not, there should be. Something like a side to side swinging movement followed by a short up and down.

OK, I just visualized what I wrote and it seems like I just described R2D2.

Is there a universal signal amongst drone pilots for some action to say "Hello!"? if not, there should be. Something like a side to side swinging movement followed by a short up and down.

OK, I just visualized what I wrote and it seems like I just described R2D2.
To say Hello, I let mine hover, then take the right stick and move it in a large quick circle about two times.

No - not usually. Each drone is linked to its specific controller. And a controller is capable of using a number of frequencies, called channels, within its frequency band.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kirby Johnson
Also download drone zone. It's a review of places to fly the birds and sometimes you might see someone showing on the map when they are flying
1483020340195.png

Neon Euc

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20