Vision / Vision + Question

Reaction score
Hi guys I am new here :p nice to meet you all

Currently have a Phantom 2 Vision, really liking the look of the new camera and gimbal on the Vision +, just wondered if this new camera and gimbal will be available to buy and attach to my own Vision or would I need to sell it and buy a new Vision +? (hoping I don't have to sell as it is still very new lol)

Thanks in advance, much appreciate

Rob :?:

There is a thread that discusses this. Apparently the vision+ camera can not be installed on the vision.

RobFallen said:
Hi guys I am new here :p nice to meet you all

Currently have a Phantom 2 Vision, really liking the look of the new camera and gimbal on the Vision +, just wondered if this new camera and gimbal will be available to buy and attach to my own Vision or would I need to sell it and buy a new Vision +? (hoping I don't have to sell as it is still very new lol)

Thanks in advance, much appreciate

Rob :?:
Sorry, not compatible, for a variety of reasons. How old is your Vision? Any chance you can return it to your vendor/retailer?
Otherwise, upgrading is your only option to selling.

I just got my Rotorpixel installed 2 days ago...I'm very happy with it. That may be the only option other than selling.
There are several Gimbals available, I chose the Rotorpixel for portability to another platform and its robust design.
However, everyone's needs are different. Decide on what you want. and either sell the Vision for the Plus, or go with a solution that offers everything you need.

Here is my first video taken with the Rotorpixel, installed easily, and I had no issues with performance.
http://youtu.be/Dbfz7lpLiFA

Keri, the owner of Rotorpixel, says there are plans for a third axis, although he is currently swamped with orders, but he is catching up...but it still may be some time before such an upgrade will be available.

Good luck which ever way you decide.

The Rookie

How is this? I thought they are the same except for the gimbal and camera :(
What would be my best option to get smooth video's?
Was hoping to just perhaps buy the new camera system from DJI lol

Cheers Rookie (your reply appeared as I was posting) I shall have a look at it :)

RCRookie think I may get one of those, they look really good :) still a bit annoyed I can't buy the DJi one and fit it :(

RobFallen said:

Cheers Rookie (your reply appeared as I was posting) I shall have a look at it :)

I understand the main board in the Vision doesn't have what it takes to run a three axis gimbal. Also the new camera system doesn't use an external power/data cable like the Vision camera has attached to it so you can't retrofit. Everything has been internalised where possible to keep the weight on the end of the gimbal a little as possible.

If you don't have the option of returning the Vision then don't rush into anything. Learn to fly it, take some photos and videos and get to know it and its capabilities. You'll then be in a better position to make a good decision (for you) about the way forward.

Pull_Up said:
RobFallen said:

I understand the main board in the Vision doesn't have what it takes to run a three axis gimbal. Also the new camera system doesn't use an external power/data cable like the Vision camera has attached to it so you can't retrofit. Everything has been internalised where possible to keep the weight on the end of the gimbal a little as possible.

If you don't have the option of returning the Vision then don't rush into anything. Learn to fly it, take some photos and videos and get to know it and its capabilities. You'll then be in a better position to make a good decision (for you) about the way forward.
+1

The Rookie

Video quality will be similar, the camera specs have not really changed much. The Rotorpixel will show some yawing movements as the aircraft automatically corrects its orientation whereas the Vision+ gimbal would not. Rotorpixel are going to produce a retro-fit third axis upgrade kit at some point, but that will come with a weight penalty if you choose to fit it.

Thx..

I think i wil stick to RP, its a shame the camera didnt change at all.. And i wont throw away all of my money i spend on it. Alot of people are selling the pv with a loss of €300.. I'll wait for a newer phantom.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.