Vision Video Lag

Reaction score
I have been waiting for the Vision to come out for a while and finally got mine.

I have run into a huge issue that is rending the unit fairly useless for me however.

I am getting anywhere between 3 seconds and 60 seconds (yes, a full 60 seconds, not exaggerating) of lag on the video displayed on my Iphone (or two other test devices I used to verify it wasn't the Iphone).

The tilt feature does respond immediately, meaning if I change the camera angle by the Iphone it will move the camera almost instantly on the aircraft, however the video is still on average 20ish delayed, meaning the change in camera angle isn't visible until until it refreshes.
This means that in order to see what the aircraft is seeing, I have to hold it in place for 60 seconds, then make any adjustments I think are necessary, and wait another 60 seconds for it to display!
This renders any sort of "FPV" completely useless.
The most dramatic example of this issue comes from my most recent flight, I flew around, landed, packed everything up, left it all on, came inside, sat on the couch and looked at my iphone, it was still showing the video of the aircraft flying around in my back yard... I watched it land, get carried inside, and eventually saw myself starring in awe at it.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues? I've seen some people talk about a few seconds of lag, which I guess I could deal with, but 30+ is completely useless...
Better yet, anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this? I love the way this thing flys and it's capabilities once it starts working will be awesome!

jerds19 said:
I have been waiting for the Vision to come out for a while and finally got mine.

I have run into a huge issue that is rending the unit fairly useless for me however.

I am getting anywhere between 3 seconds and 60 seconds (yes, a full 60 seconds, not exaggerating) of lag on the video displayed on my Iphone (or two other test devices I used to verify it wasn't the Iphone).

The tilt feature does respond immediately, meaning if I change the camera angle by the Iphone it will move the camera almost instantly on the aircraft, however the video is still on average 20ish delayed, meaning the change in camera angle isn't visible until until it refreshes.
This means that in order to see what the aircraft is seeing, I have to hold it in place for 60 seconds, then make any adjustments I think are necessary, and wait another 60 seconds for it to display!
This renders any sort of "FPV" completely useless.
The most dramatic example of this issue comes from my most recent flight, I flew around, landed, packed everything up, left it all on, came inside, sat on the couch and looked at my iphone, it was still showing the video of the aircraft flying around in my back yard... I watched it land, get carried inside, and eventually saw myself starring in awe at it.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues? I've seen some people talk about a few seconds of lag, which I guess I could deal with, but 30+ is completely useless...
Better yet, anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this? I love the way this thing flys and it's capabilities once it starts working will be awesome!

I was having simular issues, however, I was using an iPhone 4... which isn't even on their list of recommended devices to use - makes sense! So I bought an iPod (5th generation) instead and ever since has worked great.

Thanks for the advice Rbarghini. I rechecked the list and Iphone 4S is listed as recommended device, which is what we tested with. But I grabbed a friends Iphone 5 and tried and it worked flawlessly. So I just went out and got an Ipod Touch 5, and it also works great.

I am a little disappointed that my phone that is recommended doesn't work, but other devices do, at least now we know the Iphone 5and Ipod Touch 5 work!

jerds19 said:
Thanks for the advice Rbarghini. I rechecked the list and Iphone 4S is listed as recommended device, which is what we tested with. But I grabbed a friends Iphone 5 and tried and it worked flawlessly. So I just went out and got an Ipod Touch 5, and it also works great.

I am a little disappointed that my phone that is recommended doesn't work, but other devices do, at least now we know the Iphone 5and Ipod Touch 5 work!

You bet... I'm glad I could help.

Not sure if it will make any diff, was your iphone up to date with the latest OS.

Sent from a GS4 using tapacrap

No Vision lag and connected to ipad! Now to sort out how to carry this around my neck!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 1,242

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj