Vision+ to 450

It would be fairly straight forward to move the internal parts to a 450 frame, I have just done this with a Phantom. You will probably need to add an aftermarket landing gear system to mount the gimbal on. You will probably have to do some soldering unless the wires to the esc's and motors are long enough. I have recently done this. I did replace the gps/compass and LED module for better performance. I also replaced the receiver so I could use a different transmitter but that is not necessary. I am not putting a gimbal on this one so I am keeping it fairly lightweight as just a flyer.

3263325_orig.jpg

3817252_orig.jpg

9042092_orig.jpg

jimandsue60 said:
It would be fairly straight forward to move the internal parts to a 450 frame, I have just done this with a Phantom. You will probably need to add an aftermarket landing gear system to mount the gimbal on. You will probably have to do some soldering unless the wires to the esc's and motors are long enough. I have recently done this. I did replace the gps/compass and LED module for better performance. I also replaced the receiver so I could use a different transmitter but that is not necessary. I am not putting a gimbal on this one so I am keeping it fairly lightweight as just a flyer.

3263325_orig.jpg

3817252_orig.jpg

9042092_orig.jpg

Looks great! I've been thinking about doing this to make it upgrade components in the future.
I was thinking about doing just straight swap for now & upgrade Tx, GPS & compass later.

Was the wires on esc's & motor long enough in yours? I thought the arms on 450 was longer

There was just enough wire to run the sec's on the top of the arms. I wanted them on the bottom so I added soldered in wire extensions.

Other than being able to upgrade easily is there any other positive reason to swap body?

Double-D said:
Other than being able to upgrade easily is there any other positive reason to swap body?

If you break an arm they are less than 10 dollars each and easy to replace. Cooling is probably better for the esc's. Being able to use different size batteries.

I'd be worried about the loss of added protection of the shell.
Also would you lose battery telemetry in the app by not using the intelligent battery.

Double-D said:
Also would you lose battery telemetry in the app by not using the intelligent battery.

I do not know the answer to that question.

Double-D said:

I should add that I get battery telemetry from my battery thru the upgraded receiver that I installed.

I don't see a 450 (or 550 which I have also heard of), all I see in the DJI website is the Phantom series (1, 2, 2V, 2V+, FC40) and the 800, 900 and 1000. Where does one find the 450 and 550? Are they still made?

Double-D said:

Battery telemetry is what I'm questioning too. And how I would need to re-wire the battery connection. I would like to keep using the iOS app little while longer ^_^

Onezerosix141 said:
Double-D said:

Battery telemetry is what I'm questioning too. And how I would need to re-wire the battery connection. I would like to keep using the iOS app little while longer ^_^

I have not used the app nor have I seen the battery connection close up. Take some closeup photos and post them.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj