Vision Positioning System in P34k

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a P34k for a while now and I've watched videos of people using the VPS indoors to have the drone keep steady. My experience is vastly different though. The drone moves around a lot, like a lot a lot. I have about 6 foot radius around the drone when I try indoors and it goes to the edge every time at some point.

I am more curious to your experiences with the VPS on the P34k.

Details:
P3-4k
VPS is on (I checked twice)
Floor is finished wood (I tried with like cardboard under it instead just in case the shinyness was a factor)
I also have a gimble guard on the bottom of the legs but the sensor is in the back part of the drone so it shouldnt be blocking it, right? I haven't taken it off because it's zip tied in. If anyone thinks that could be the problem I'll try it.

Best,
j1N

Hey guys,

I have a P34k for a while now and I've watched videos of people using the VPS indoors to have the drone keep steady. My experience is vastly different though. The drone moves around a lot, like a lot a lot. I have about 6 foot radius around the drone when I try indoors and it goes to the edge every time at some point.

I am more curious to your experiences with the VPS on the P34k.

Details:
P3-4k
VPS is on (I checked twice)
Floor is finished wood (I tried with like cardboard under it instead just in case the shinyness was a factor)
I also have a gimble guard on the bottom of the legs but the sensor is in the back part of the drone so it shouldnt be blocking it, right? I haven't taken it off because it's zip tied in. If anyone thinks that could be the problem I'll try it.

Best,
j1N
Not idea but I be watching this,,mine same,,,even tried moving big cardboard which I took off from and hoved above ,moved cardboard ,,drone stayed over there,,didn't follow...:)still same to this day

Ive never tryed flying mine inside but seems to me even with
VPS enabled if you didn't have enough sats it wouldn't hover still. Please correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't that be like flying in ATTI .

VPS is not controlled by gps it is controlled by the sensors underneath the quad! It recognizes patterns in the floor, if there are no distinguishing patterns it will not be stable and will drift.

Ive never tryed flying mine inside but seems to me even with
VPS enabled if you didn't have enough sats it wouldn't hover still. Please correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't that be like flying in ATTI .
Yip and that's good fun,,not....yes and I think I stick to outside,,,,,I even done test outside with big cardboard like on utube,,moved board drone stayed still..it should follow board since it was me take off point,,,Flys nice just this annoying niggles...

I need to watch that. I would have thought without enough sat's it would drift. I do fly a lot in ATTI with my P2V just
To practice and it does drift but it has no VPS.
I beleave I need to ditch some of my birds because I can't keep up with which does what. :rolleyes: lol

I need to watch that. I would have thought without enough sat's it would drift. I do fly a lot in ATTI with my P2V just
To practice and it does drift but it has no VPS.
I beleave I need to ditch some of my birds because I can't keep up with which does what. :rolleyes: lol
Ha..with you on that,,,first it was short course nitro powered losi,,,,not just one ,,,now it's these flying machines...have to double check I got right gear for right drone when I go out now...turned into serious Hobbie...but cool as:)

Reactions: dirkclod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr