Vision Plus wont lock Satellites.

Reaction score
I got a Vision Plus to replace my Vision model that I lost (less then 10 flights never crashed). I use this drone to fly with my Repeater setup. Ive had to install a new Upgraded WiFi unit (one with vent holes) and external antennas for the Wi Fi (bird side). Since Ive had it, it never wanted to stay locked onto satellites. So I installed a NEW GPS and copper shielding and still does same sitting on ground. I was comparing it to my REDbird drone. (see video link). I plan on flying later this eve when it cools down some. Im starting to run out of options. www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzzQRgWzJ6M

You have two Phantoms.

Is the Phantom you're having trouble with a P2V or is it a P2V+?
Its a Vision PLUS. The drone in the Video i was demo the signal under the Roof of the Gazebo. The Plus would never get over 5 sats. I will be flying it later this eve.

I would try another layer of shielding between the upgraded wifi unit and the GPS module. And I'd make sure that GPS cable is tucked under the shielding with the module - as much as possible.

I would try another layer of shielding between the upgraded wifi unit and the GPS module. And I'd make sure that GPS cable is tucked under the shielding with the module - as much as possible.
The cable on the module is wrapped the full length all way to plug. Its tucked under the factory and copper shields. So at moment the module is covered by 2 shields and the top almost does NOT want to clamp down its that tight a fit. "so it seems".

The Compass was going though some weird crap last night when I was calibrating after my flight. First it gave rapid blinking red lights, then i had to "reboot" and another time it gave rapid green and red flashing. On 3rd try it calibrated "normal". This was all from last night after I got home after a storm. Had cloud cover still. By then I had 6 Sats while under a Gazebo.

Test 1) Remove cover and stretch the cable out as far as you can and place the cover next to the craft instead of on top of the craft, maximizing the distance between the module and the transmitter. See if that helps.

Test 2) Try testing it with the cover off if you can. In other words, remove the module from the cover so it's naked to the sky. See if that helps.

Test 1) Remove cover and stretch the cable out as far as you can and place the cover next to the craft instead of on top of the craft, maximizing the distance between the module and the transmitter. See if that helps.

Test 2) Try testing it with the cover off if you can. In other words, remove the module from the cover so it's naked to the sky. See if that helps.

I was doing that last night. I had the factory gps shield in place along with the upgraded copper one on top of that. I removed both shields and ONLY installed the copper one and placed the cover back on. Noticed that I have better signal for some reason. 9-10 out in yard, 5 in house. Maybie having the OEM and Copper shield sandwitched together had something to do with it. DUNNO. I also was testing it before I removed the shield by isolating top from the craft extending the cable and also removing the wi fi module and watching the lights. Only difference was removing the one shield.

I got a Vision Plus to replace my Vision model that I lost (less then 10 flights never crashed). I use this drone to fly with my Repeater setup. Ive had to install a new Upgraded WiFi unit (one with vent holes) and external antennas for the Wi Fi (bird side). Since Ive had it, it never wanted to stay locked onto satellites. So I installed a NEW GPS and copper shielding and still does same sitting on ground. I was comparing it to my REDbird drone. (see video link). I plan on flying later this eve when it cools down some. Im starting to run out of options. www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzzQRgWzJ6M

Ever since I did a online update I have noting but issues with my GPS lock. I flew it today in a high wind to observe what is doing. It seem it would lock on GPS lock and stay on station and 10 sec intervals in would lose the GPS and float off with wind. When regain GPS it would try to position itself back on station but would lose it again. I really suspects it something to do with the firmware because many instances from other Phantom pilots started to have similar issue. But will stay this started after a update.
I have had two crashes since with this issue. Pilot error.
I did order a motor and yes it was a different design but the most concerning thing was the wires were a smaller gauge. My suspension with DJI if you notice they don't support older models UVA phantoms. But can buy parts and components on older model third party vendors which tell me these are farmed out these parts to a vendors but don't have the qualify that a new generation would have. I have to reorder another motor to get the same motor with same model and same wire gauge. I believe were dealing with a company that isn't concerned with customer satisfaction. It's there way on business. If I could find a UVA engineered and built in EU I would.

After a recent crash, i had my GPS puck replaced, but it seemed that the board suffered a micro crack on one of the tracks, it seemed to work at first then just gave one set of rapid green lights and then just green red red red and never picked up a sat lock, maybe your board is faulty.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4