Vision Plus V3 Controller Manual Calibration

Reaction score
At some point in your R/C Quad Fling Hobby, I can almost guarantee you will reach a point in which your quad just will not react to the controller input your are directing it to. If you are lucky you might get the quad landed without damage. At this point you must realize you DO NOT put the quad back in the air until you are 100% sure what is going on. This could be mean you will have to load up and that your day done until you can connect with the Remote Controller Assistant and the Vision Assistant. However, we now have a process that will allow us to calibrate our V3 Controller in the field should we choose to. This may help to keep from our day and possibly worse from getting ruined. I found the process below that I made a few revisions to and wanted to share it with you. I recommend you print the info and fold it up and place a copy in either in your quads toolbox or tucked behind the foam in the case you carry your quad with. I so hope this helps someone from trashing out their quad.

Calibrate Vision + V3 Controller Without The Assistant Software
(No Software Process, does not use RC System Assistant or Phantom 2 Vision Assistant)

1) Set switch S2 at the OFF position; Switch S1 at the GPS position

2) Push both the THROTTLE and PITCH stick to the top position and hold them there.

3) Turn on the POWER switch. You should hear the indicator sound of "Beep--Bee Beep" from the V3 Controller repeatedly.
-> Toggle switch S2 into the CL position, you should hear an indicator sound of "Beep" from the V3 Controller, in this case the V3 Controller has entered the calibration mode.
(THROTTLE and PITCH stick must have been kept in the top position all during this time)

4) Release the THROTTLE and PITCH sticks and make sure they return to the center position.
-> Toggle switch S1 to the bottom ATTI position; you should hear an indicator sound of "Beep" from the V3 Controller.
-> Move all of the sticks throughout their complete range several times.
(for those remotes equipped with a throttle lock this means complete movement through the throttle lock position)
-> Don't forget to move the GIMBAL CONTROL DIAL through it's complete range of movement as well.
-> After this, put the THROTTLE stick to the bottom position and toggle switch S2 to the HL position, you should hear an indicator sound of "Beep" from the V3 Controller.
In this case the transmitter has been calibrated successfully!

5) Turn transmitter off.

Attachments

• 1newrc.jpg
    1newrc.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 1,550
Reactions: JKaddouri
One should rather go home and connect the tx to the rc-assistant as one can predict the complex procedure discribed will cause problems with several people that will try it. I do'n't think it is wise to create our own problems on this forum.

aartsf said:
One should rather go home and connect the tx to the rc-assistant as one can predict the complex procedure discribed will cause problems with several people that will try it. I do'n't think it is wise to create our own problems on this forum.

I am one that definitely disagrees with your comment. If someone takes the time to share an idea then we should welcome it, not put it down. As individuals we can decide for ourselves whether its too complex to try in the field. If you are traveling with your Phantom and you don't have access to a computer, then this may save your bacon.

Mopar Bob said:
Frank....very good information. But how the heck did you discover this process!

I was researching some stuff and ran into it on the dji forum, from a dji tech.

Giving an honest opinion has nothing to do with putting someone down. I respect flyNfrank for his numerous contributions on this forum but that does not mean I would not be entitled to express an honest concern when I have one.

aartsf said:
Giving an honest opinion has nothing to do with putting someone down. I respect flyNfrank for his numerous contributions on this forum but that does not mean I would not be entitled to express an honest concern when I have one.

My apologies. I guess I misunderstood your intent.

aartsf said:

I tried to put it out there to make a copy and put it in your carrying case, so if you ran into a problem this might help to keep from having to end your day early. I guess it's just in how you view things.

Hay flyNfrak and Mopar,
The above brief constructive exchange of thoughts proofs for me that all 3 of us have the best intents for this forum and also makes me happy to be part of this forum.
Thanks guys.

aartsf said:
Hay flyNfrak and Mopar,
The above brief constructive exchange of thoughts proofs for me that all 3 of us have the best intents for this forum and also makes me happy to be part of this forum.
Thanks guys.

Yes sir, I have to agree there is a good group of guys on here.

aartsf said:
Hay flyNfrak and Mopar,
Thanks guys.

Constructive criticism is always a powerful tool. This forum has been a fountain of knowledge for me and I am sure others as well. I cannot imagine trying to resolve all the Phantom issues without the help of the many talented people on this forum.

Calibrate Vision + V3 Controller Without The Assistant Software
(No Software Process, does not use RC System Assistant or Phantom 2 Vision Assistant)

1) Set switch S2 at the OFF position; Switch S1 at the GPS position

2) Push both the THROTTLE and PITCH stick to the top position and hold them there.

3) Turn on the POWER switch. You should hear the indicator sound of "Beep--Bee Beep" from the V3 Controller repeatedly.
-> Toggle switch S2 into the CL position, you should hear an indicator sound of "Beep" from the V3 Controller, in this case the V3 Controller has entered the calibration mode.
(THROTTLE and PITCH stick must have been kept in the top position all during this time)

4) Release the THROTTLE and PITCH sticks and make sure they return to the center position.
-> Toggle switch S1 to the bottom ATTI position; you should hear an indicator sound of "Beep" from the V3 Controller.
-> Move all of the sticks throughout their complete range several times.
(for those remotes equipped with a throttle lock this means complete movement through the throttle lock position)
-> Don't forget to move the GIMBAL CONTROL DIAL through it's complete range of movement as well.
-> After this, put the THROTTLE stick to the bottom position and toggle switch S2 to the HL position, you should hear an indicator sound of "Beep" from the V3 Controller.
In this case the transmitter has been calibrated successfully!

5) Turn transmitter off.

Hey Frank,

Just joined the group. Prior to doing so, I found this older calibration procedure of yours for the Vison 2+ v.3 controller.

One question: What mode must the controller be in to perform this, regular or Naza-M/IOC??

Thanks!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik