VISION PLUS, THE UPGRADELESS PHANTOM.

Reaction score
We all know that the P2V+ is great because everything is already nice hooked up, no wires hanging, smart with the dji app, no need for a FPV extra monitor, etc.
But the issue is that we are not able to upgrade our bird, maybe i would like a better camera, or replacing the gimbal, or anything.

So, just to talk about it...Do you think DJI is preparing another vision camera and gimbal system that could be easily integrated to our actual bird? Or are we going the be left out of upgrades and will get stuck with our current system?

In my case, i broke my gimbal but i dont really want to buy a new gimbal and same camera that i have right now, the cam is working fine so its pretty dumb to buy a new camera and gimbal system. Maybe if i knew that a new camera/gimbal system is comming out soon, i would wait!

A crystal ball would be great. Not sure DJI would risk current sales by announcing a new machine being developed. Maybe as we get closer to the holidays something will appear on the radar.

I doubt it. This is the convenience package with bells and whistles.

i think you need to spend more & forget the Phantom if you want an upgrade-able quad. The Phantom is intended as an entry level ready-to-fly quadcopter

You can be guaranteed that the P3 will have different smart batteries because theyre a nice money spinner for them. I wont mind too much it they have a 30 min flight time though ;)

p fandango said:
i think you need to spend more & forget the Phantom if you want an upgrade-able quad. The Phantom is intended as an entry level ready-to-fly quadcopter

So what is an advanced level quadcopter one can get that is a step up from the entry level Phantom? Just curious. :)

JWarren said:
So what is an advanced level quadcopter one can get that is a step up from the entry level Phantom? Just curious. :)
i've no idea, i've got a Phantom 2 myself which i'm quite happy with so not looking to upgrade yet. But like RC cars, if it comes pre-build & simply needs the batteries putting in to get going its not intended to be modified to the extent a build-it-yourself kit is

I don't think that pre-built automatically make it entry level. Boing 777s are pre-built for their fliers. I do admire the guys who want to and fly build DJI's Octocopter, but that just isn't for me. I think of the DJI as not entry level, but state of the art. The king of the mountain trying to be pushed off right now.

I mean, common, having a vision plus is nice but we all know that a go pro will always be better, but with a go pro you cant have all the super cool advantages of the vision plus. So why not create a better vision plus camera and gimbal that yo could hook up to the original vision plus?

Well, thats my idea, using the original frame and motor and just upgrading for a new gimbal/camera system, something compatible with the DJI smartphone FPV, wifi range extender, etc.

JWarren said:
I don't think that pre-built automatically make it entry level. Boing 777s are pre-built for their fliers. I do admire the guys who want to and fly build DJI's Octocopter, but that just isn't for me. I think of the DJI as not entry level, but state of the art. The king of the mountain trying to be pushed off right now.
i think you'll find most 777's are built to order to the customers needs by Boeing, & we're not taking passenger liners here are we

evilfurryone said:
JWarren said:
p fandango said:

TBS Discovery Pro?

http://vimeo.com/69326659

http://www.team-blacksheep.com/shop/cat:discovery

Those look interesting, but I can't find a place where it talks about range. They will build it for you for an extra fee though.

This is why I am looking to buy another airframe. However, I am not going to buy one that will cost me $10k at the end of the day including the camera and FPV.

I am going to get 2 Phantom 2's and use GoPros... for the money ya can't really beat it can you? And with a GoPro I can switch out lenses, upgrade cameras like this year's Hero 4 in October. One bird for video and one for still frame using a second operator.

I like the battery system and Flight Assistant... Will most likely never upgrade from the latest version now since it seems to work well.

I am hoping someday I can attach the H3-3D gimbal and a go-pro to my Vision Plus, but currently it is not possible from what I have seen. My gimbal is glitchy and does quick small jerks here and there which kind of kills it for me. Or I may just use it for parts, i.e. motors, props, etc...

I do want chicken leg landing gear though, the stock gear is not wide nor tall enough in my opinion.

Just my $.02,
Jason

cahutch said:
I'm hoping that DJI eventually releases a Phantom 2 + with Zenmuse Gimbal but with the Vision+ wifi feed that relays telemetry and video from the GoPro.

Yes, definitely that would be the best option:

PHANTOM 3 with an installed GIMBAL that suports a PLUG N PLAY connection for the Go Pro 4! Using the smartphone FPV and DJI App.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub