Vision Plus Speed

Reaction score
Ok it's finally my turn to ask a question, or two. :lol:

Can anyone tell me if increasing the Pitch & Roll in Gain Setting will or will not help make the vPlus faster?

I have been working on my quad by raising the speed over the last few days. I have managed to reach 67.80mph so far. But I feel like close to my current limit. I'm thinking there might be some more speed if the quad can tilt more when in it's direction of travel.

unless someone comes up with a better option, I'm going to try adding 10% to both the Pitch & Roll in the Gain Settings.

Frank are you running an older version of firmware or are you flying with wind?

I know speed is not limited but GPS or anything but thought only by pitch. My V+ speed is half yours (latest firmware) unless I am flying WITH the wind and then I can add that to my top speed.

I also did not think gain settings with effect this.

I can only get about half your top speed as well. My understanding of gain is related to how sensitive the sticks are, not the actual angle of attack of the quad.

My 67.8mph was with a 4mph tail wind.
http://www.flytrex.com/mission/quadcopt ... ams-77655/

Currently, anything above 4mph causes my quad to slow down. I get flights in the upper 50mph range when gust are between 5-15mph.

I recently discovered a couple new tricks that involve flying faster horizontally, and the other I have my quad decending so far up to 22.9mph. There is a video I posted showing the 22.9mph descending rate. You can see it in two different spots on the video. Once you see it, you will know that it wasn't a matter of changing numbers in any way. You can clearly see the quad is dropping at a fast rate of speed.

And I use firmware v3.0.6.

I'm not going to share the details until maybe I have had some time to work on some details, as well as if it should be something for all to know.

Jonas said:
flyNfrank said:
I'm not going to share the details until maybe I have had some time to work on some details, as well as if it should be something for all to know.
You have some nerve coming here and asking others to share their information, but you don't want to share yours!!!
I guess you deserve a nice little "Fu** off!!!", but you be the judge!

Ditto :D

Jonas said:
You have some nerve coming here and asking others to share their information, but you don't want to share yours!!!

Thats a little harsh.

I really did not take it that way. Just sounded like he needed to work out some of his theories before posting it. Not that he had no intention of sharing.

rrmccabe said:
Jonas said:

Thats a little harsh.

I really did not take it that way. Just sounded like he needed to work out some of his theories before posting it. Not that he had no intention of sharing.

rrmccabe, no worries on this end with guys like that. He creates a 2nd account so he better hide to blow his mouth off. He just has a few post and this was his 1st chance to try things out.

As for the reason of not mentioning a how-to is for two reasons. One safety. Two, I'm not 100% exactly sure why the extra descending speed is happening. Wouldn't make much since to list a sequence of what to do, and then nobody is able to duplicate it. :roll:

Where is it that with in the short 2 days since you registered, that you feel as though the personality of this website is to post and tell people to F-Off? I'm not going to argue with you on this site. But you are welcome to come get you some on my website.

Jonas said:
rrmccabe said:
To me it sounded as if he came here to brag or even just stir the conversation with some false claims and then look upon others from above as if he is some expert flyer who will have to think if it is suitable for others to know that info or not! Let the others decide for themselves, I say!

Dude...you are attacking a long time member here who has made numerous helpful posts to the community. It makes you look like an azz.....just sayin.........

I know exactly where frank's coming from....

Jonas said:
flyNfrank said:
Where is it that with in the short 2 days since you registered, that you feel as though the personality of this website is to post and tell people to F-Off? I'm not going to argue with you on this site. But you are welcome to come get you some on my website.
We don't have to argue anymore if you are bothered by my short period of being here. But what's your excuse for Madwak and lsteigerwalt who agreed with my statement?
And technically I did not tell anyone to F-off, I told you to judge would you say f-off to someone that behaved like you with your claims here

Jonas...I wasnt agreeing with your statement or the tone of it...I was just asking frank to share so I could increase my speed as well...and in the future please dont drag other members of this forum into a debate you are having. Thanks...no hard feelings on this side towards anyone :) keep em flying!!!

Frank...I still wanna know :lol:

The way I see it a quad descending from the sky at 22mph is a freakin deadly weapon in the wrong (untrained) hands,,,,would you hand some anonymous kid on the web an RPG and just tell them to be careful (and I ain't talkin' COD here)..... :?:

Seems to me frank is just being responsible...

I've been waiting for the wind to calm from where it's been here over the last 4 days and nights. In the meantime I have been attempting horizontal speed flights, with little luck. The more tailwind the slower my quad goes.

Oh My....... I'm working on the video now. I got the chance to test a change, and this time it the rate of descent made it to 35.54mph before I got scared and aborted the test. That is just simply too fast. And yes there is noway I will be sharing anything with the general public. I might have to close shop on this project after seeing the data. I didn't know anything for sure it is something I'd rather leave my eyes when running a test. I remember saying to myself, Wow that looks fast.

Stay Tuned for some freaky fast visuals.

Mine only seems to go at a max speed of around 20mph (without any winds)
Does that sound about right ??

How are you guys getting such faster speeds ??Not talking about crazy descent speed, just general moving around speed... I'm using latest firmware... I suppose as long as 20mph is pretty much what I should be getting that will put my mind at ease...???

And settings in Assistant software to play around with to increase... to be honest 20mph seems pretty fast, but I like to know what options are available :)

thnks

Oh yeah I have prop guards.. probably contributing to slower speeds...
but yeah if someone can confirm if 20mph with guards sounds about right ?
Was worried I was having motor issues but fully tested and I'm 100% happy shes functioning as normal.. but lol yeah.. just confirmation my speeds are fine would seal the deal :p

I think i am actually ready to take my prop guards off... Haven't 'bumped' into any tree's since the first week I got it.... and when I land in wind I have fairly decent control in regards to balancing it out so it doesnt topple over... plus I don't go out when its to windy, anymore... but yeah I bet I take them off and bam!! tree comes out of no where :p

justin00 said:
Mine only seems to go at a max speed of around 20mph (without any winds)
Does that sound about right ??

How are you guys getting such faster speeds ??Not talking about crazy descent speed, just general moving around speed... I'm using latest firmware... I suppose as long as 20mph is pretty much what I should be getting that will put my mind at ease...???

And settings in Assistant software to play around with to increase... to be honest 20mph seems pretty fast, but I like to know what options are available :)

thnks

i understand if you fly it out the box in 'phantom' mode it will not go much past 20mph, select naza mode and flip into atti and your speed should go up a bit, and in manual mode probably a bit more, bit you will likely loose height if going fast. the quad only has anough power/thrust available and if fast lateral speed needs lots of power it wont leave enough power for altitude and it will descend.

justin00 said:
Oh yeah I have prop guards.. probably contributing to slower speeds...
but yeah if someone can confirm if 20mph with guards sounds about right ?

... plus I don't go out when its to windy, anymore

Without guards my P2+ does around 30mph +/- wind in Phantom mode.
As well as interfering with max speed, those guards act like sails presenting a lot more area to catch the wind.
If you can get your speed up by removing the guards, your bird will be able to fight the breeze with ease.

I just saw your video on youtube. Why were your gauges showing different readings? One showed over 3000ft and the other showed 2300ft? That is crazy high.

wewin1 said:
I just saw your video on youtube. Why were your gauges showing different readings? One showed over 3000ft and the other showed 2300ft? That is crazy high.

Just to note his question, I have not finished the video on the flight I did for last nights test.

wewin1, the different altitude numbers come from one gauge is from sea level, and the other removes the actual elevation at that point. In my area, the elevation is around 650ft. So subtract that from the gauge with the higher number...blah...blah.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.