Vision Plus Rant...

Reaction score
My Vision Plus rant.... not sure where to start but I originally bought a vision and it flew amazing and was well.. amazing, I sold it to buy a new vision plus and tonight I really wish I hadn't bothered... the first one I had to return due to no connection to any device such as my iPhone ipad etc it was up twice to the dealer and I got a replacement the second time, then the replacement had a sticky motor which I had replaced by the dealer and it's new one is still slightly more sticky than the other three. As the model shop isn't local i've spent over £100 in petrol trying to get my phantom sorted (don't get me wrong the dealer I am dealing with is the best I have dealt with ever and have a first class customer service etc)

Took it out today and tonight to test it after fitting my GPS and upgrading software to the latest as I was having much wandering when hovering, so did the updates, recalibrated all inc controller, took it out and it still has mega hover wander... recalibrated the compass many times, had plenty satellites, no interference etc etc etc and it still wont hover still, drops altitude itself or moves in whichever direction it likes too...

Really really wish I had never bothered with it... Love the camera and gimbal hate the machine my old vision was so much less hassle and loads more fun...

Do you guys think it's worth getting the replaced motor replaced again? or do you think its just a typical plus issue as I've seen others reporting the same? trouble is I do not have the confidence in it that I had in my non plus due to how it moves itself about... really can't afford to waste any more money on the thing now and certainly don't wish to hurt anyone with it not flying as it should do

This thing is supposed to be read-to-fly out of the box, short of doing a compass and precautionary controller stick cal. I can't believe how many failures are being reported on this board. Is the hardware really that undependable such that so many are failing? Or is the percentage of failures well within the failure percentage limits for these types of things? I can tell you that mine has been flying very well since I downgraded to 1.08. But there ya go. I guess mine is considered a fail since I decided to do that after an uncommanded descent scare I had on flight 3 or 4. I really feel for all you that are having issues that ground you. Not only is it a terrible hassle, but disheartening as well. RANT!!!!

Sure is mate, not quite sure what to do with it next :(

just done a full advanced IMU calibration and compass, shall try it again tomorrow and see

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers