Vision Plus--Radar Icon Not Working Correctly

Reaction score
The radar icon in the Vision Plus App works fine and indicates correctly the direction that the Phantom is facing when using iphone4. This is not true, however, when using the Kindle Fire HDX tablet as the direction if off by at least 90 degrees. Doesn't make any difference whether the table is held in landscape or portrait orientation. Anyone run into this problem? Thanks.

Edit: I see now that this compass problem occurs when using any compass app in the Kindle. I will get with the Kindle folks and see what they can tell me.
Edit: On the other hand, the App wouldn't be using the tablet's compass but rather the signal from the Phantom. Meanwhile, feel free to break into this self conversation. :)

This is also true in the Moverio glasses. The radar image seems reversed most of the time. I think this is probably an Android problem, my guess. I'm using Android 4.0.4

I have noticed that my compass (radar) icon is off by about 90 degrees, I always stand behind the unit (facing the battery) when I turn it on. I tested this yesterday, and I and the unit was facing west when I turned the unit on. if I turn and face north, the icon points correctly.

is it working correctly and I just need to think about it differently, or does my compass need calibration?

please, someone set me straight.

once I turned on location services, the radar started working correctly, however now there is a big lag, (about 5 seconds) in the video. if I turn off location services, no lag but icon appears to be pointing north with reference to the take off position. I wonder whats the lag all about? I have an iphone 4, also tried with my ipad air, same thing...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4