Vision Plus Question

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I had a Phantom 2 (non vision version) stolen from my truck. Normally, I lock my truck every time I leave it...even for a few minutes. But I also volunteer for a local festival and you'd be surprised what you'll forget after three hours of sleep a night for a week.

Fortunately, I think I'm going to be able to swing the purchase of a new Phantom and I'm looking at getting the Phantom 2 Vision Plus.

So the question…While using the app and plotting way-points can you make it fly sideways? Say I want to fly past a bridge and pan a shot. Can I use the app and make the Phantom fly sideways? Or do I have to fly forward from one point to another?

Thanks for the help!

tstowe said:
Unfortunately, I had a Phantom 2 (non vision version) stolen from my truck. Normally, I lock my truck every time I leave it...even for a few minutes. But I also volunteer for a local festival and you'd be surprised what you'll forget after three hours of sleep a night for a week.

Fortunately, I think I'm going to be able to swing the purchase of a new Phantom and I'm looking at getting the Phantom 2 Vision Plus.

So the question…While using the app and plotting way-points can you make it fly sideways? Say I want to fly past a bridge and pan a shot. Can I use the app and make the Phantom fly sideways? Or do I have to fly forward from one point to another?

Thanks for the help!

Not at this time
It films the way it flies forward

You could just point it at the bridge and fly sideways. I've seen videos on YT on how to do it with course lock.

So, turn everything on, switch to Course Lock, set the points and it will fly to them keeping the same orientation?

tstowe said:
So, turn everything on, switch to Course Lock, set the points and it will fly to them keeping the same orientation?

Yup.
NAZA on and IOC box checked on the Phantom assist.

Just a note..
Before 3.06 firmware, I was able to easily reset CL direction lock in mid flight by flicking the s2 from position 1 to 2 x 5 and wait for the flashing lights. This helped with doing nice bridge side ways shots or chasing an object like a bike on a foot path.
It still works but it takes 10 attempts and 2-3 minutes of flight time/batteries. DJI needs to address this..

Show us some footage when you're done :)

tstowe said:

Just to make sure you understand. There are no points to set on course lock - your just navigating based on the course that is either set before take off or if you reset the course using S2 switch.

Cocoa Beach Kiter said:
tstowe said:

Just to make sure you understand. There are no points to set on course lock - your just navigating based on the course that is either set before take off or if you reset the course using S2 switch.

Before turning on the phantom. Point the nose to the direction you wish to travel fwd.
Power up and wait for flashing green lights. there are 2 sets of fast rapid green lights. I cant remember which is first, but 1 is for the GPS lock and the other is the Course Direction Lock.
Flick to CL yaw the phantom 90 degrees and push fwd.

Cocoa Beach Kiter said:

You cannot use the DJI Vision app in NAZA mode? Hope so because I just made the changes.

Just to make sure...

1. I launched the assist program and changed it from Phantom to NAZA at the top.
2. Under Advanced and the IOC tab, I checked the Intelligent Orientation Control box.

Did I do it correctly?

thanks for the help!

tstowe said:
Cocoa Beach Kiter said:

You cannot use the DJI Vision app in NAZA mode? Hope so because I just made the changes.

Just to make sure...

1. I launched the assist program and changed it from Phantom to NAZA at the top.
2. Under Advanced and the IOC tab, I checked the Intelligent Orientation Control box.

Did I do it correctly?

thanks for the help!

Correct.

BTW, are you running 3.06 firmware??
Thanks

Mako79 said:
Correct.

Thanks

I'm running whatever the very latest is. It updated tonight when I plugged it in to switch to NAZA mode.

So really? No app in NAZA mode? That sucks. :cry:

tstowe said:
Mako79 said:
Correct.

Thanks

I'm running whatever the very latest is. It updated tonight when I plugged it in to switch to NAZA mode.

So really? No app in NAZA mode? That sucks. :cry:

No no..
I was answering:

"Just to make sure...

Did I do it correctly?"

DJI APP doesn't care if you are NAZA or Phantom.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers