Vision plus Gimbal Issues

Reaction score
Hello All
I am new phantom vision plus owner. I crashed my phantom and now the gimbal wigs out everytime I turn it on. I have seen many people methods of fixing it but none of it seems to work. So far I have
1. Fixed the alignment of the shaft so that the D shaped notch is correct.
2. Superglued the shaft in place as it had become a bit loose.
3. updated the firmware to 3.08, did an advanced recaliberation.

All the ribbons, motors that are external seem seem to be intact. I have not opened it up to check out if there is any internal damage. The stand is a bit bent as shown in the pic? is this what is causing it? Although if i tilt it it does not seem to help the camera. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    553.7 KB · Views: 504
Its probably a cracked potentiometer that reads the position of the camera.

You need to take the back cover off (3 screws) and look at where the shaft goes from camera to circuit board.

The pot is driven by the shaft.

Yes you can get replacement pots for it.

There was a thread here about a week or so ago.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=31921

looks like the pot was broken, I am not sure if broke when I removed the cover of the pot. But i tested it before using a multimeter and it did not seem to be working. Its definitely broken now pic attached. I have purchased the pot and will attempt to install it.

Attachments

• photo (1).JPG
    photo (1).JPG
    271.9 KB · Views: 516
I think I might have a broken potentiometer also. I can't see what you are talking about in the picture. Also where did you find replacement potentiometers?

not_a_jamoke said:
I think I might have a broken potentiometer also. I can't see what you are talking about in the picture. Also where did you find replacement potentiometers?
That's a question. If then have the pot maybe they have the black ribbon cable too.

not_a_jamoke said:

I have attached a new picture highlighting the broken section. Any small cracks, dings etc will essentially ruin the pot. The serial no is ALPS RDC506 or P/N is ALPS RDC506002A but i couldnt find it on digikey. I purchased it from http://www.onlinecomponents.com/alps-el ... p=10113743. There is a minimum order of $30 from this site but You could probably find it on other sites.

Attachments

• brokenpot.png
    brokenpot.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 582

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4