Vision plus app

Reaction score
After talking to DJI customer service and asking them about the current app for the P2 vision V 3 with the crashing issue upon trying to set way points IOS 9.0.2.

Sad to say, the rep said since the P2 is discontinued they are going to drop the efforts for fixing the app and just don't switch on the GS. Bummer !

Where are u at

Anyone that has a vision plus that is less than a year old i suggest you request a full refund. This is unacceptable behavior from the biggest drone supplier and makes the product not fit for purpose.
I don't know about the rest of the world but in the UK I think we are entitled to a refund.

got 2 ipones and 2 tablets with .48 plus my Itunes store,looking for a way to help you guys to have one, thinking of making an itune acct and back it up and give the user and pass to some flyers, so they can restore from there i did on all 4 of my units just you have to set device not to auto update, will kip you posted
Mar

I'm thinking of just buying a cheap android phone or tablet and getting the Litchi app.
I'm hearing some good things about it. I tried to get information from the DJI forum regarding GS and as usual no employees have the balls to reply or tell us what's going on. They are still advertising the ground station option on their website for the V2+. Can they do this or can someone take them to court for false advertisement?

Reactions: Fourprops
I'm thinking of just buying a cheap android phone or tablet and getting the Litchi app.
I'm hearing some good things about it. I tried to get information from the DJI forum regarding GS and as usual no employees have the balls to reply or tell us what's going on. They are still advertising the ground station option on their website for the V2+. Can they do this or can someone take them to court for false advertisement?
I know I won't be purchasing any DJI made products if they don't fix it.

I've just emailed DJI support and they say there is a fix on the way but can't give me a date for it yet.

I would consider buying Litchi and checking it out. It's worth a $15 gamble and I think you'll find it's a vastly superior app for GS, even if the DJI app didn't crash.

Just updated my iPhone to 9.1. No luck keeps crashing. This is ******** , you can still buy these things and now no support ? WTF DJI !!!!!

Hi everyone. My first post, so please go gentle on me ;)

So, if GroundStation for iOS 9.0.2 is dead, does anybody have any recommendations on an iOS app that would allow me to do simple waypointing with our PV2+?

So far I've tried out DJI Phantom Flight from Beyond the Cube, and AutoPilot for DJI from Auto Flight Logic. I'm not sure about the Phantom Flight app because I can't seem to keep it and DJI Vision open at the same time. The AutoPilot app looks awesome, but also has a really steep learning curve, and I don't see an actual 'follow the waypoints' option.

Anyone have another app they like?

Cheers,

Taz: Gs is dead to any version of IOS! DJI did a bad update and they don't care to fix i, for pv2+ anymore, (will be as easy to roll back to 1.0.48 update)
and I bet if there is no gs,. there is no find my phantom neither, if someone is willing to give me their I Tunes acct name and password I can try to back up an old Iphone 5c with the dji vision 1.0.48 so they can pulled from there and change password after, is worth a try

PM me if interested will communicate by email
Mar

If you go with an android phone or table you can buy the litchi app for a few dollars. The Ground Station works great as does the orbit. You can circle an object pointing the camera inward or outward. You define how big the circle and the altitude as well as the entry point. I have been using the GS for almost a year and no issues. Just keep in mind that litchi had no distance boundaries so calculate your flight time out and allow return time to get back. Haven't tried the follow me as I haven't needed it. Other pilots have and said it workes good. Want to review the info go to www.flylitchi.com

Thanks Roy
I just purchased a new android tablet and installed litchi (costs $26 here in Aus) . Haven't had the chance to test it yet as It's night here but been playing with the settings. It looks amazing. I couldn't wait any longer for the vision app to be fixed.This looks like a really well put together app. Is there anything important I need to know before I test it tomorrow?

If you go with an android phone or table you can buy the litchi app for a few dollars. The Ground Station works great as does the orbit. You can circle an object pointing the camera inward or outward. You define how big the circle and the altitude as well as the entry point. I have been using the GS for almost a year and no issues. Just keep in mind that litchi had no distance boundaries so calculate your flight time out and allow return time to get back. Haven't tried the follow me as I haven't needed it. Other pilots have and said it workes good. Want to review the info go to www.flylitchi.com

Thanks for the info, Royva. I'll keep Litchi in mind.

If the weather holds out this weekend I'm going to do some test flights with the Auto Flight Logic app, and see how well it works. Looks amazing so far but like I said, it's got a pretty steep learning curve. It's not just me flying our drone, but some of the geologists in the office too.

Nothing scarier than a geologist handling delicate electronic instruments!

Either ? What's the better one. I pretty bummed out that the ground station not working. Has anyone tried with new iOS iPhone 6 update ?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic