Vision+ Lifting Capacity

Reaction score
Long time reader, first time poster.

Has anyone done any testing with the vision+ lifting objects? I saw the video with the guy lifting the 12oz soda can. Just wondering if anyone has done any testing beyond that. My plan is too attempt to carry weight, hook,and bait out over the surf at the beach and drop instead of using a kayak. I'm lazy.

Buckster said:
Long time reader, first time poster.

Has anyone done any testing with the vision+ lifting objects? I saw the video with the guy lifting the 12oz soda can. Just wondering if anyone has done any testing beyond that. My plan is too attempt to carry weight, hook,and bait out over the surf at the beach and drop instead of using a kayak. I'm lazy.

You are going to try fishing with your Phantom? ;) I don't know how much actual lift the Phantom produces, but you better hope you hook a relatively small fish. Even if the fish weighs less than the lift capacity, if you can't pull it from the water, you will be hopelessly tethered until your battery fails and you fall into the surf.

I made a small, simple device out of lightweight high strength welding rods. Difficult to explain how it works but it's simple and ill post pics if and when it works.

Someone here lifted a full can of coke across his property to his kids... Search around

The can was about 350 grams and the GPS tracker with homemade camera gard and getterback and 7ch hack also weigh at least 100 grams. :geek:
So 450 grams (15,8 oz) of lift is possible :cool:
I have not tested the flighttime but that must be dramatic low :lol:

Fishing with quadcopter :

http://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/6337931 ... opter.html

Buckster said:
Yes. I will be testing it. Just curious if anyone else has done any lifting with theirs. I'll post my results for others to see.

Cool, I will be interested to see your results, just out of curiosity.

I'm sure I saw a video of someone using a 5d on a phantom, it lifted up ok but was bad at controlling the descent, something to bear in mind when testing maybe.

Good luck!

Update:
I've load tested the Vision + and it can haul a 14 ounce Walmart bag full of rocks without a problem. ( I didn't try anymore weight than this because this is right at double the weight I will be dropping while fishing)

I also made a simple release device that is just a piece of brazing wire that is bent in a certain fasion and attached to the landing gear. It forms a 2" prong that is parallel and in between the two landing gear. I simply bring the quad to a hover, slip a loop from a tether attached to the payload over the prong and take off. Normal flying will not release the load. When I get where I want to drop I simply tilt the quad agressively forward and release and it drops; everytime. Since the load isn't positively secured, flying over anything is a no-no but common sense is authorized. It's simple and it works. I'll post a video of my son's 8 ounce Mickey Mouse plush doll being dropped under a parachute soon.

Buckster said:
Update:
I've load tested the Vision + and it can haul a 14 ounce Walmart bag full of rocks without a problem. ( I didn't try anymore weight than this because this is right at double the weight I will be dropping while fishing)

I also made a simple release device that is just a piece of brazing wire that is bent in a certain fasion and attached to the landing gear. It forms a 2" prong that is parallel and in between the two landing gear. I simply bring the quad to a hover, slip a loop from a tether attached to the payload over the prong and take off. Normal flying will not release the load. When I get where I want to drop I simply tilt the quad agressively forward and release and it drops; everytime. Since the load isn't positively secured, flying over anything is a no-no but common sense is authorized. It's simple and it works. I'll post a video of my son's 8 ounce Mickey Mouse plush doll being dropped under a parachute soon.

Buckster,

Please keep us updated since I have a friend who I fish with that would be very excited to hear that I can take the bait out with the phantom. He is looking to buy another kayak, maybe I will tell him to wait and buy a phantom :p

Btw, would you please send a picture of your release apparatus? I didn't quite get it from the description. Cheers!

I've played around with beer delivery. Have since reduced the line length by half. Would be interested in seeing a release method (not for beer).

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kP1Gm-bIlBQ[/youtube]

Buckstar, did you try tweaking the Gain Altitude or Vertical settings to see if it improves the results you are after?

Well, good news. We went fishing at the beach today and it worked like a charm. I'm going to put a video on YouTube and post it under a new thread.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31