Vision+ gimbal error

Reaction score
I have a question related to camera and gimbal in Phantom 2 Vision+.
Not sure if it was due to updating of the firmware or the relative small accident when the drone hit an obstacle soon after that, but since then the camera is not on horizontal position anymore. It has been working fine a month until now. With power switched off the camera can be moved to all positions. After switching the power on, the camera finds a position where the picture is something like 30 degrees off from horizontal line. The camera movements when flying are still correct and video is stable, only the picture is not straight.

I did not find any adjustments on that in Assistant software. Is there a reset button somewhere or a position sensor which may have moved, or what should I try?

Thanks for any help.
Petri

If you've had a "small accident" it might be worth performing an advanced IMU calibration in the Assistant. Make sure the aircraft is on a level surface before you do it and ignore any warning notice about things being too hot - it's a known bug in the software - just click through and let it calibrate.

Thanks for your reply Pull_Up.
By "small accident" I meant that it did hit a chair in my garden on about 2 feet height and dropped. Propellers did not break and I found no other visible results either.

I got he same instruction yesterday from DJI GmbH Technical support. It did not help in my case so I got a RMA form now. Hopefully I will get it repaired soon.

/petri

Excellent! Thank you for sharing this video link. I had exactly the same problem and I was able to fix that. Don't need to send the drone for repair.
So, the rod can for some reason change it's position so that the sensor thinks the camera is on horizontal level. I wonder why is it made so loose that you can by hand move rod's angle while holding the camera steady. Makes me think it can happen again.

For any other who will get this problem and will follow the instructions in the video, I would say that you do not have to take off the ribbon, which can break easily. It is possible to adjust the rod even if the ribbon cable is on it's place.

Thanks again!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20