Vision+ Camera for Phantom 2

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
For the last few months I have been O/S flying my P2 for archaeological projects and as such I am really behind on the news.
I only just discovered the Vision+ which looks great.
I am just curious, can the vision+ camera be installed on the regular P2? Does it maintain functionality or do you literally need to buy the new vision+ quad to get that?
Do P2 batteries etc work on the Vision+ and can the vision+ camera be removed and say a H3-2D Gimble be placed on it?

I love the functionality of the vision+ and the straight down shooting(needed in archaeology), but was curious if I could save myself the money and just upgrade my P2. I also use a custom mount to send up Infrared cameras so thats why I am curious if I can take the camera off.
Any advice would be great
Hugh

If you have a P2 you can add an H3-3D gimbal. This will give you the same three-axis stability as the Plus, allow you to use your existing GoPro, and be able to tilt straight down...

Other than that, the answers to your questions on the Plus are that yes, they share batteries (it's still part of the Phantom 2 range); the camera and gimbal are a combined unit and the connection to the Vision Plus aircraft are not the same as those available on your P2 - it's also not designed to be operated with anything but the Vision Plus 2.4GHz wifi video/telemetry downlink system, the antennas for which are inside the Vision Plus airframe.

Even if you could use the Vision + camera, it is seven hundred bucks, so it would make more sense to me to sell the P2 and get a brand new shiny V+.

BobUnplugged said:
Even if you could use the Vision + camera, it is seven hundred bucks, so it would make more sense to me to sell the P2 and get a brand new shiny V+.

Or buy a GoPro and H3-3D gimbal for roughly the same price and get 2.7K resolution (vs. 1080) which I would imagine for archeology would be of significant value.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31