Vision app update issues

bob I don't do waypoints so not sure what ta tell you but and try and deleting app and reinstalling it .Maybe after deleting rebooting
your device before reinstalling it . If that didn't help it would seem to me some setting might have changed with the update that messed you up.
Sorry but that's all I've got . Hope it helps .
Do let us know if that does anything .

Did not work. Others are telling me to units all the app and install again without the update. However nobody seems to be able to tell me how to download the app without the update great advice if any part body would possibly be able to tell me how you do that everybody keeps telling me to do it but nobody wants to explain how you do that if I try to download the app again it downloads the app with the update already installed them out of the Apple store so I don't know how they're doing what they tell me that they've done to fix the problem

Yes I know how to uninstall an app. What I do not know, is how to reinstall the app without the most current update to the app. And the others I was refering to was the fact that in the Vision plus forum, there are a few others who have this problem.
My firmware is the most current and the vision app worked great with that. The other day there was an update for the vision app released. Since that update, if you try to enter ground station on the app. the app crashes. I have yet to find a remedy for this.
Also notice since the update, range for the wifi seems to be cut in half. Camera feed is cutting out at 600 feet versus the 1200 average before the app update.

Any suggestions?

Well bob I had to ask cause I wasn't sure if ya did. You would be surprised at how many don't . I have not seen this in the P2V section till you brought it up so I would suggest just holding on till someone else has the same issue in the plus section or see it brought up here that use's that feature .Has to be some !
As far as going back I have never tried unless you have it backed up on ITunes . Have never tried that but might work .
I have all updates and have not lost any distance that I can see but I do have mine modded .
I do find it strange you lost distance . NOT doubting you just find it strange you the only one so far that has said anything .

Went for a test flight tonight after uninstalling then reinstalling the app. Double checked my firmware version as latest, calibrated my compass and went out for a flight. Range was back to normal. So maybe I had some noise in the area I usually do not have. However the vision app still crashes the second you swipe left to enter Ground Station. See below posts in the P2V+ Discussion section.

iOs app crash with ground station | DJI Phantom Forum

DJI Vision App Updated... New Version 1.0.52 - IOS | DJI Phantom Forum

Others are experiencing this as well. Hopy my expensive new hobby doesnt crash from an app glitch. I just will fly myself without groung station. I only used it before to get long reange video. Video outside my wifi range. Im new to the hobby. Bought a P2V on Amazon about 2 months ago. Love the hobby but not yet comfy enough to open up things for upgrades. Id love to upgrade to a long range FPV HD setup, and upgrade the gimbal for a go pro. Id like to make me mods myself, but nervous. Im an 15 year veteran HVAC/R Tech, but not an electronics expert at all. LOL.

Same I'm on bob and IOS 8.4.1
I will tomorrow try and do a waypoint flight and see if I have the same issue .Like I said those I don't do as I like to be in full control
but gonna see what happens .
As far as doing any mods I had never done anything but change the battery's in radio's before I started with these things a little over a year ago and with the stuff in this forum and YT video's I stay in mine as much as I fly it almost .
But I'm nuts :)
I have made some mistakes but that's how I have learned and I enjoy it so much I just keep pushing it .
I will post back in this with what happens when I try bob

Bob .. I just thought about this and tried to open it it my PC room and when I swiped it I get this screen IMG_1351.PNG . Now I didn't try and put anything in it but just wanted to see if my app crashed . It didn't . Might outside tomorrow when I try and fly a little mission but just showing ya what I see .

Yes. I see this very quickly and then the app crashes taking me back to the iPhone home screen. I am using a iPhone 6+. It worked without flaw prior to running the app update.

Yes. I see this very quickly and then the app crashes taking me back to the iPhone home screen. I am using a iPhone 6+. It worked without flaw prior to running the app update.
OK ..well I didn't leave it on very long but will try and use it tomorrow like I told bob but it never crashed on mine . I was inside with no sats though .

OK ..well I didn't leave it on very long but will try and use it tomorrow like I told bob but it never crashed on mine . I was inside with no sats though .
This is in 2 sections and if you haven't seen the other than here's the deal. When I took that screen shot I was inside with 0 sats . I went out later and tried with sats and the same issue as everyone else . The other thread is in P2V . .
Please post about this issue here DJI Vision App | DJI Phantom Forum so we can just look in one spot .

I've had the same problem since downloading 1.0.52. Someone on the Discussion section suggested downloading the latest iOS 9 on my iPhone 6+.
Initially I was able to swipe to GS and, in fact, layed down a few waypoints but it suddenly crashed to home screen.

Tried deleting and installing the DJI Vision app as well as the Goggle map app all to no avail.

Still broken!

Wow, had the same problem, when I updated! Had to Uninstall and reinstall 3x before it worked. Then android pushed through lollipop, that didn't help. But I do have my ground station and can set waypoints, but the altitude set for waypoints is still screwy, gotta double tap the waypoint now to get a altitude input.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1