Vision App reports "Not enough power to return home"

Reaction score
I've seen this warning a couple of times and brought the bird back, battery life still fine (2 lights on). Today it came up while she was hovering less than 3m away from me (and 2 lights).

Very odd. I haven't changed any default warning or action levels.

How long have you had your bird? Have you ever cleaned the battery contacts?

How much battery is two lights? How many charge cycles? What percentage of battery life is left? To be safe, 30% battery remaining tells me to land soon, but I've seen video of a 100% battery going down to 0% in a matter of seconds because it's lifetime was below 80%. DJI Assistant Software will tell you all about your batteries. Lots of variables with those batteries can cause premature landing.

I have had the same problem. Do you have the dynamic home point enabled? Someone told me that may cause that warning. I know Ihave gotten that warning with around 90% power left and the copter being about 10 feet from me. I haven't tried disabling the dynamic home point yet to see if it makes a difference.

Mopar Bob said:
There is another thread covering this: http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=34340

I was the one that mentioned the DHP issue. Not sure it applies to everyone, but it certainly causes my issues. Zero doubt.

MB, out of curiosity, have you ever checked your phone for the strength of your GPS lock when this happens? If the GPS on your phone has a weak signal, DHP could technically get confused about where "home" really is, and thus think you are farther away form the bird than you actually are. I've never tried it, but it seems logical enough.

The bird is < 1 month old. First 2 weeks I didn't fly because of the wind. I have 3 batteries and was using #3 which has < 10 recharge cycles and shows full health in the assistant. I've not deployed the latest updates to 3.10 on the phantom yet.

Set to RTH at 30% in the Assistant. 2 of 4 lights means between 50 and 75% I think.

Dynamic Home Point MAY be it. I don't like the idea of using it personally, precisely because it relies on the phone GPS. I prefer to wait for the 2nd set of green flashes, hover, go away and immediately come back with home lock from both sides to prove it knows where home is. However it MAY have been on at the time, I'll check if it happens again.

bbfpv said:
Mopar Bob said:
There is another thread covering this: http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=34340

I was the one that mentioned the DHP issue. Not sure it applies to everyone, but it certainly causes my issues. Zero doubt.

MB, out of curiosity, have you ever checked your phone for the strength of your GPS lock when this happens? If the GPS on your phone has a weak signal, DHP could technically get confused about where "home" really is, and thus think you are farther away form the bird than you actually are. I've never tried it, but it seems logical enough.

I always check as others have described. After GPS lock, I fly out about 50 yards then fly home on HL. That's how I would test it under DHP or without DHP. The times I have had the problem, I would do the same thing, but I would walk to a different spot to test whether it recognized my new location. Which it does. When I have had the error message it is always when I am within 20 yards of my original or new home point. It may have something to do with my phone's GPS. But it happens with a Galaxy S4 and a Galaxy Tablet. Perhaps DHP has something against Samsung! I think if DHP worked as advertised, it would be a good feature. Especially if you are in a boat doing some filming on the move. Maybe someday DJI will actually test their features under customer conditions.

RhythMick said:
I've seen this warning a couple of times and brought the bird back, battery life still fine (2 lights on). Today it came up while she was hovering less than 3m away from me (and 2 lights).

do you have screen capture of this warning?

ocatcr said:
RhythMick said:

do you have screen capture of this warning?

No - will try and capture next time

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl