Vision App jumps to fpv screen only after about 7 seconds

Reaction score
Today I've been flying up on Dartmoor, well out of mobile signal range. I was using version 1.0.58 of the DJI vision app with my P2V+ and my galaxy s5 is running under Android 5 OS. It was a beautiful day, sunny and very light winds, perfect for quad flying. The app linked up with my phantom wifi just fine however after about 7 seconds ALL the data on the smartphone and controls disappeared and I had just the fpv view on the screen. I could go aback to the opening screen and reload the app in, get another 7 seconds of normal display and then back to fpv screen only again. I stress, everything but the fpv disappeared, not just the flight parameters at the bottom!

Luckily I also had another app available, the ultimate flight app so I shut down the vision app and opened the ultimate flight app. It worked a treat, once I had properly closed the DJI vision app, and I was able to fly my copter with all the signals and reports that the UF app offers. I'd cached the area of Dartmoor I needed and the UFA picked up on that perfectly. All the expected information appeared and remained there for the whole flight, no more 7 seconds worth!!

Back to the DJI vision app. Has anyone else come across the disappearing data screens and fpv only problem that I encountered today?? I'm hoping that someone will be able to tell me that this is a function of the vision app and that I had inadvertently triggered it unknowingly.

Re: Vision App jumps to fpv screen only after about 7 second

Did this happen before flight or doing flight?

Was the app downloading maps for the ground station?

Dartmoor Dave said:
Luckily I also had another app available, the ultimate flight app so I shut down the vision app and opened the ultimate flight app..

And that may be the issue, the author does say to uninstall the original version before installing this one.

ilovecoffee said:
You must uninstall your current version before installing this version.

Thanks guys for your help and advice. It happened both before and during flight frank and it wasn't downloading ground station related data.

I had somehow accidentally checked the toolbar auto hide in the settings menu and although I rechecked the settings out in the bright sunshine this morning I hadn't noticed it was checked. That's the great thing about this forum, members help if they can. I've now unchecked it and will test it in the daylight tomorrow

re having both DJI vision app and the ultimate flight app on my smartphone, I thought Ken, the UF app author, had said you can't have both running at the same time, if possible I'll attempt to keep both on as a precautionary measure for the time being but will always kill all open apps before loading one of them.

Dave

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pitchpost