Vision and Vision+ parts the same?

Reaction score
I'm looking to get an extra battery or two as well as another charger. I'm wondering if the Vision parts are the same as the Vision+ parts?
I have not been able to find part numbers for these....Thanks in advance.

Bigbells said:
The battery and charger are the same for all Phantom 2 models, including the Vision and the Vision+.

Thanks for your prompt reply. Now to find a case designed for the Plus!

Shingar said:
Bigbells said:
The battery and charger are the same for all Phantom 2 models, including the Vision and the Vision+.

I bought this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Phantom...se-/281311448031?ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:US:3160

$_12.JPG

jumanoc said:
Shingar said:
Bigbells said:

I bought this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Phantom...se-/281311448031?ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:US:3160

$_12.JPG

I got one that looks exactly the same as the picture only on amazon it said it was for all phantom's including vision+, came yesterday with some scratch's and a minor dent.

The Vision Plus fits perfect inside the case, you do however have to unscrew the phone clamp and move it to the top part of the handle and not the side how it comes in the box, then it fits perfect in the case. This is not a water tight case like the other ones the cost twice as much.

I May send this one back because it came scratched and with a dent. This time around I'll get one with wheels.

MikesTooLz said:
jumanoc said:
I bought this:
$_12.JPG

I got one that looks exactly the same as the picture only on amazon it said it was for all phantom's including vision+, came yesterday with some scratch's and a minor dent.

The Vision Plus fits perfect inside the case, you do however have to unscrew the phone clamp and move it to the top part of the handle and not the side how it comes in the box, then it fits perfect in the case. This is not a water tight case like the other ones the cost twice as much.

I May send this one back because it came scratched and with a dent. This time around I'll get one with wheels.
Mike and/or jumanoc,
What are the outside dimensions of the case?

jumanoc said:
Shingar said:
Bigbells said:

I bought this:

$_12.JPG

Thanks! I went ahead and pulled the trigger on one as well. Price was right and I really won't be travelling with it too much. I mostly need to keep it away from my pups....and this should do the job. I'll toss up a review once I receive it. Thanks again for the referral.

Shingar said:
I'm looking to get an extra battery or two as well as another charger. I'm wondering if the Vision parts are the same as the Vision+ parts?
I have not been able to find part numbers for these....Thanks in advance.

Tried to bring these replacement part issues before, but no responses from anyone on the forum. The new range extender appears to be more powerful and the RC TX seems to be less powerful.

Anyone know a dealer who has the new range extender available for sale?

More importantly, anyone try binding the more powerful p2v RC with the plus. Most of us already have the old controller, affording greater stock range.

mem_ny said:
Shingar said:
Anyone know a dealer who has the new range extender available for sale?

More importantly, anyone try binding the more powerful p2v RC with the plus. Most of us already have the old controller, affording greater stock range.
I don't know who has the new more powerful range extender for sale.

If the RC is different count me as surprised. I have twice gotten 2500' distance with the P2V+, using the stock equipment, out of 5 tries to see how far away I could keep in touch with both the 2.4Ghz and 5.8Ghz connections.

The only differences I know of with the RC of the P2V+: it came already set to FCC position, and it has a mini-USB connector on the outside. It's got the same model number, PVT581, as the RC of the my P2V and of my FC40.

MikeySoft said:
The WiFi antennas in the Plus are now in the phatom's battery area and pointed slightly down. Could that make a differance in the range?
The range extender of the P2V+ is 2W and 20dBm, the range extender of the P2V is 1.5W and 17dBm.

No, I don't know what the numbers mean, only that the P2V+ manual says the range extender is good for 500-700 meters in open areas, while the P2V manual says that its range extender is good for 300 meters in open areas.

The manuals say the RC range for the P2V+ is 800 meters in FCC mode and the P2V is 500 meters in FCC mode. However, the manuals also say that the transmitting power is higher for the P2V remote control (125mW) than for the P2V+ remote control (100mW).

I don't grok this stuff to any knowledgeable level. I'm just reporting what the respective user manuals say.

The backpack case is the closest I've seen to the airline approved carryon size of 22-14-9 inches with only one side over at 23-13.5-8.5 inches.

I like the wheel case more but the size of 23-18-10 inches is over in all 3 dimensions. I know most of the time it will be allowed as carry-on but has anyone seen something similar to this case and closer to the airline approved size of 22-14-9?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers