Vision + and Video Quality

Reaction score
One of the things I have noticed is that the video quality produced with my Phantom 2 Vision + is that it is lacking in overall image quality compared the GoPro. I am shooting in 1080P. It seems the Vision+ camera has quite a bit more aliasing and artifacts as well as reduced color information when compared to my GoPro Black Edition. I would love to see DJI improve the compression codec (higher bit-rate, less compression) to provide for an improvement with the Vision+ video image quality.

I am curious as to whether others in the group have noticed similar differences?

shankel128 said:
One of the things I have noticed is that the video quality produced with my Phantom 2 Vision + is that it is lacking in overall image quality compared the GoPro. I am shooting in 1080P. It seems the Vision+ camera has quite a bit more aliasing and artifacts as well as reduced color information when compared to my GoPro Black Edition. I would love to see DJI improve the compression codec (higher bit-rate, less compression) to provide for an improvement with the Vision+ video image quality.

I am curious as to whether others in the group have noticed similar differences?

Absolutely correct.
That is how I was sold my Phantom 2.
They simply told me that Vision/Vision+ cameras lacked the resolution of the GoPro and that I should not expect to receive that quality.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj