Vision 2+ V 3.0 Just ordered!

Reaction score
Just pulled the trigger and ordered my Phantom 2 Vision+ version 3.0. Also ordered a 32GB card. Got it from BH Photo, nice deal I thought for $1300 and included an extra battery and set of props. Looking forward to the quad copter world after spend several years flying helis. Going to order the Killer RC mount and install before I fly. Looking forward to just getting up to speed with it. Hopefully going to take it to Montana this summer and shoot some nice aerial stuff....

The only problem is it will be delivered on Tuesday and my wife says I have to wait till Xmas to open it......

Nine days with a new V3 Vision + in its sealed box? No way, you will not do that. Something will occurs to you. :D

Thanks guys, I wonder will a IPHONE 3 work for my FPV, it says 4 is recommended but I have a 3 that I don't use....

catchingchrome said:
Thanks guys, I wonder will a IPHONE 3 work for my FPV, it says 4 is recommended but I have a 3 that I don't use....
I'm pretty sure that if you can install the dji app it will work. You can do that right now and familiarize with the app.

catchingchrome said:
Got it from BH Photo, nice deal I thought for $1300 and included an extra battery and set of props. ...

The only problem is it will be delivered on Tuesday and my wife says I have to wait till Xmas to open it......

Just got mine in yesterday from BH. I am very pleased with it. I also ordered a third battery.

I wouldn't be able to wait to get it out of the box! But as the old saying goes "Happy wife, happy life!"

I can't give a definitive answer about using FPV with an iPhone 3, but I wasn't able to use an iPad mini - version 1 because the FPV video at 640x480 15fps lagged badly and was unusable. I upgraded to a version 2 iPad mini and FPV at 640x480 15fps resolution works fine. I never tried a lower resolution with the version 1 iPad mini.

I started using an iPhone 5s initially, but the screen was just too small and I moved to the iPad mini v1 and subsequently the iPad mini v2.

Don't know the equivalence of Apple's processors on iPad vs iPhone, but suspect FPV on iPhone 3 could be problematic:

iPhone 3G - Samsung ARM 1176JZ(F)-S
iPhone 3GS - Samsung ARM Cortex-A8
iPhone 4S - Apple A5 processor
iPad mini (v1) - Apple A5 processor
iPad mini (v2) - Apple A7 processor

Try the iPhone 3 and see what happens, but don't be surprised if it doesn't work very well. Others on the forum may have iPhone 3 experience.

I think I am just going to get a small tablet anyway, but I figure I'll try it out anyway. Can't wait to get the bird!

I got one too for Christmas.. I have been researching for well over a year and finally told my wife I wanted to get one.. i opened it already and also flew a few times :) no way could i wait til Christmas.. I will prob let her wrap the box lol :)

If your Iphone wont work there are many reasonable priced tablets to choose from.
I bought an 'open box' Kindle Fire from Amazon for under $50 shipped that works great.
Plus the 7" size of the tablet is much much better than the tiny screen on an iphone 3. (an added bonus is the kindle fire I bought has 2 built in antennas and really helped with video feed distance)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic