Vision 2+ Upgrade v3.08 and it won't take off

Reaction score
Help - I have been using the Phantom Vision 2+ with no issues for the last 3 months. I did the firmware upgrade this morning to 3.08 and I cant get it to fly. Everything seems to be fine - motors start - full connectivity - compass calibration etc., but as soon as I try to "take off" it is like the motors arent strong enough to fly. Left joy stick controls seem to be fine, but right control stick wont elivate the quad copter. Anyone had this problem? If not, does anyone know how to revert back to the previous firmware? Thanks in advance for your help!

Before upgrading was your rc programmed in mode 1 or mode 2? Has that changed after upgrading? I am asking this because in the default, it fleis in mde to with trottle in left stich, while in you post you mention the right stick is for elevation (=trottle funtion) in your configuration. So the question is do you possible have you sticks / mode 1 en 2 mixed up?

Thanks for the quick responses! It did just need calibration so all good now. Happy Thanksgiving all and thanks again yawnalot29

Thank you for this post. I had a similar issue after updating where no matter what stick combo in NAZAM I couldn't get the props to turn on. It turned out that the controller wasn't calibrated correctly. After updating the firmware again and recal, and setting the rest to default I am back in business.

After upgrading to 3.08 the motors on my bird would not turn on. When I conected to Phantom Assistent yesterday morning and going through all of the tabs, something uploaded without me telling it to. I calabrated everything And stepped outside. It took off, no issues. I learned yesterday on the dji form that they added new firmware software yesterday.

luckydog125 said:
Help - I have been using the Phantom Vision 2+ with no issues for the last 3 months. I did the firmware upgrade this morning to 3.08 and I cant get it to fly. Everything seems to be fine - motors start - full connectivity - compass calibration etc., but as soon as I try to "take off" it is like the motors arent strong enough to fly. Left joy stick controls seem to be fine, but right control stick wont elivate the quad copter. Anyone had this problem? If not, does anyone know how to revert back to the previous firmware? Thanks in advance for your help!
Did you mistype? Or switch the joystick functions somehow? My left stick elevates and descends and the right one flies it forward, aft and side to side.

--- edit --- Oops, while my response is still valid, I see that you corrected your situation and someone else already mentioned the function switch.

3.08 firmware upgrade has been very frustrating. I've been trying to upgrade all week. I have installed, reinstalled and calibrated multiple times. The bird is flying but it seems that there's not enough power to get it the air. I almost crashed it at 2 different take offs. What frustrating to me is prior to upgrading everything has been working great. The bird has been flown 70+ times without even needing to replace props. If I had to do it over I would not have upgraded to 3.08

Things are all back to normal and YES I did mis-speak. I didnt switch the joystick functions...........left elivates and right flies forward and back. Thanks again for the help. If anyone else runs in to this issue, calibrate!

Draettig said:
3.08 firmware upgrade has been very frustrating. I've been trying to upgrade all week. I have installed, reinstalled and calibrated multiple times. The bird is flying but it seems that there's not enough power to get it the air. I almost crashed it at 2 different take offs. What frustrating to me is prior to upgrading everything has been working great. The bird has been flown 70+ times without even needing to replace props. If I had to do it over I would not have upgraded to 3.08
Without any information how you executed the upgrade and the subsequent callibrations and info on the different setting in your upgraded assistant, we will not be able to asses your situation and to give you any advice.
Regards FA

aartsf,
Thanks for the offer to help. My comment about 3.08 upgrade firmware was move of a editorial on the dji upgrade experience. There were a number of persons online complaining about the over all 3.08 upgrade experience. DJI should be testing their upgrades more carefully prior to releasing them. It appears software changes were made without adding new identifier upgrade number. One of the software changes (done on Thanksgiving) fixed my upgrade issues.

Hay Draettig,
Nice to hear that your problems could be resolved with the Thanksgiving upgrade.
Happy flying.
Regards FA

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.