Vision 2 Ground Station on Ipad help.

Reaction score
I have installed the Ipad app. It appears that the app actually sees the quad, but if I try something such as flight simulator it says "please connect to aircraft.
When I first start the app I see the menus I would expect to see. I can set waypoints and use the templates, but if I go the the dji vision app and back the screen changes and there are no waypoints and the menus are gone.
If I set waypoints on that screen and hit "go" the vision will respond. I'm guessing I am missing something here.
Hope that makes sense.

Attachments

• IMG_0220.PNG
    IMG_0220.PNG
    168.9 KB · Views: 687
  • IMG_0221.PNG
    IMG_0221.PNG
    448.6 KB · Views: 737
cdusher said:
I have installed the Ipad app. It appears that the app actually sees the quad, but if I try something such as flight simulator it says "please connect to aircraft.
When I first start the app I see the menus I would expect to see. I can set waypoints and use the templates, but if I go the the dji vision app and back the screen changes and there are no waypoints and the menus are gone.
If I set waypoints on that screen and hit "go" the vision will respond. I'm guessing I am missing something here.
Hope that makes sense.

Do you have the regular hand held controller turned on? You need to have it on as well. Not particularly intuitive :)

Sounds like you're trying to use the regular groundstation iPad app with the Vision...you need to install the Vision app on your iPad instead. The full groundstation is a separate kit with its own hardware.

I have both apps on the iPad, have the quad powered up and the controller on.
It's my understanding that with the new updates ground station should work without additional hardware.
The problems appears to be that the ground station app if failing to see the controller.
The first screen shot above is when I first enter ground station.
I can put in waypoints, etc.
If I go the the Vision app and access ground station from it I get what you see in the second shot.
Not sure what I'm doing wrong.
If I try to access the controller from the ground station app with everything running as usual I get a dialog box stating it can't find the aircraft.

You can't use the regular groundstation app on Vision/Vision+ without additional hardware. The update you're talking about is just what added the Vision Waypoints app.

I guess this confuses me.
This is from their FAQs

Ground Station

How do I set up vision ground station?
Vision Ground Station is built into the latest version of the Vision app (iOS: Version 1.0.41, Android 1.0.50). Simply update the app, open it and go to “Settings” to enable Ground Station. Accept the terms and conditions then return to “Camera” mode and swipe left to begin Ground Station flight planning.
What extra equipment do I need?
None. Everything needed for Vision Ground Station flight is built in to the Phantom 2 Vision and Vision+.
Just ensure that you are running the latest firmware (v3.04). Visit http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vi ... s/download to download the latest firmware and installation instructions.

Those are the correct instructions for using the Vision Waypoints App

DJI has a completely separate product known as "iPad/PC Groundstation" (or sometimes as "2.4GHz Data Link), that requires separate hardware to work. The iPad app for the full Groundstation (which it sounds like you are trying to use) is not directly compatible with the Vision/VIsion+...you would have to buy/install the full Groundstation to use that.

With the equipment you currently own, the only thing enabled for you is the Vision Waypoints app. I know DJI's documentation is confusing on this point, but that's how they actually work ;)

This is DJI's reference on the full iPad Groundstation, you can see there the hardware it requires: http://www.dji.com/product/ipad-ground-station

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj