Vision 2+ convert to use GoPro 4

Reaction score
I have a vision 2+ and would like to have better resolution/definition videos.

Does anyone know the difficulty to take my camera system off and replace with gopro supported gimbal?

Meta4 said:
At present it is not possible.
The short answer is that it won't work but someone may suggest this ...
http://dronexpert.nl/product/pre-order- ... -2-vision/
It's not released yet, will cost more than a new gimbal and camera and have less functionality.
What do you lose in functionality? Just the ability to start stop cam in the air right? I am thinking about going this route I think shipping is 2 to 3 weeks. In the end I think it's about 1200 bucks by time you had the GoPro, gimbal and dronexpert

rrmccabe said:
What do you lose in functionality? Just the ability to start stop cam in the air right? I am thinking about going this route I think shipping is 2 to 3 weeks. In the end I think it's about 1200 bucks by time you had the GoPro, gimbal and dronexpert

You can't start/stop the cam, adjust settings in the air, switch settings or change between video & photo modes. In photo mode you have to set up an interval for your shots and it will snap a photo every XXX number of seconds.

rrmccabe said:
What do you lose in functionality? Just the ability to start stop cam in the air right?

To take stills Gopro users have to set their camera to take photos at intervals (like every 5 seconds) for the whole flight.
That's not satisfactory for a photographer. You want to be able to take the photos you want, when you want and not have to sort through hundreds of pictures you never wanted.

I thought that the gopro has its own app for taking photos and videos on demand like the vision 2?

Anyone know what the price of this pre-order is in USD?

Very limited/short range for the GoPro App
Edited to add: And maybe better to wait for the GP4+ to be released so they can fix hardware issues like they did with the GP3 ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj