Violent shake after DJI replacing lower shell

Whoa!! Nasty...are your props balanced? I'm no expert but I might start there. If you don't have a balancer yet just throw on your other set and see if it's the same...

Are any of the motor screws loose? Does the shell appear to be damaged/bent on any of the arms?

Are any of the motor screws loose? Does the shell appear to be damaged/bent on any of the arms?
Tried to wiggle motors but they are sturdy and dont move like they did with the stress cracks. Also checked it had the latest firmware. Im out of ideas and DO NOT want to send it back and wait all thst time again :(

If the motors and props are not damaged and are installed properly, my next guess would be an issue with one or more of the ESCs. They control the speed of the motors. Perhaps one of them is damaged and is not controlling the motor properly. I know it would be a hassle for you, but it would be best to send it back to DJI.

Do you have plates on the bottom of your motors for stress cracks. It is hard to tell in the video but if you do are you certain a screw is not touching a motor?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I just got it back from dji repairing the bottom shell from stress cracks. I do not have plates installed. Dont they test it before shipping back? They had my remote....

Sorry, just trying to eliminate any possible causes.
I was under the impression that they did test, but in this case I would have to conclude they didn't. Just for the sake of furthering an effort to determine the cause, I would think if you measured from center of each motor they would be the same distance from each other. I have to agree with others that this looks and acts like a very bad case of out of balance.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Have you re-started the flying process from the start again yet? I had that issue and it went away by itself after a few flights. Been fine for months now. I have know idea why.
It was also right after a trip to DJI and back.

Tried to wiggle motors but they are sturdy and dont move like they did with the stress cracks. Also checked it had the latest firmware. Im out of ideas and DO NOT want to send it back and wait all thst time again :(

get on the phone and explain your issue and DEMAND!! an overnight shipping and overnight return. I would go nuts too, send them that video, stay on top of them!

Looks like a typical PID oscillation to me. On any other craft, Id tell you to tweak to lower the PIDs. You could try reflashing the firmware and reducing your gains. If that doesnt help, then I fear they screwed up mounting the FC.

Have you re-started the flying process from the start again yet? I had that issue and it went away by itself after a few flights. Been fine for months now. I have know idea why.
It was also right after a trip to DJI and back.
How on earth did the problem go away?

I didn't see the quad shaking but the gimbal was going nuts. What was I missing?
The gimbal is simply compensating for what's going on above it.

Reactions: Kima kim
The Phantom couldn't move that fast.
To my eye, it appears the entire Phantom is shaking. Perhaps the OP will confirm.

Looks like a typical PID oscillation to me. On any other craft, Id tell you to tweak to lower the PIDs. You could try reflashing the firmware and reducing your gains. If that doesnt help, then I fear they screwed up mounting the FC.

What is PID ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4