Vinyl wrapped my Phantom

Reaction score
Just had a play around with some textured carbon vinyl wrap, I didn't have enough to cover the whole thing tho, looks ok for now.

DSC08906_zpsb366af6a.jpg

DSC08905_zpsa71c38ac.jpg

If you go on ebay and look for pchobbies.com there making killer wraps pre cut for phantom ordered one last week,they also com with matching wrap for your tx,there 19.00 plus 7.99 s&h :mrgreen:

Looks good Wheels! I'm trying to do the same thing with some digital camo. Looking for pointers. How did you get it to fit smoothly around the curves? Do you have a template?
Thanks Man!

Looks cool, is the added weight significant or so small it will have very little effect.

I was thinking of painting mine in 2 contrasting colours front and back for easier line of sight flying at greater range. I figure red for the front half but not sure what would be best for the back or what type of paint to use. Maybe a wrap could be an option if its not going to make it too much heavier.

Painted mine. Added some stripes. CF props and VGE CF anti-jello camera mount.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 3,005
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 2,855
What CF props are those size and brand?

I would think painting it a very bright day glow orange/yellow would be smart. Should you end up in a tree or crashed somewhere, I'd want to be able to spot it quickly.

CaptGump said:
Looks good Wheels! I'm trying to do the same thing with some digital camo. Looking for pointers. How did you get it to fit smoothly around the curves? Do you have a template?
Thanks Man!
I used the same material on one of mine. No template, just started in what seemed to be a logical place and work on from there. To get the really tight, complex curves, I worked it VERY slowly and carefully with a heat gun and fingertip pressure. Once everything was in place I trimmed everything along the seam in the body.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers