Vimeo vs youtube?

Reaction score
I have had a YouTube channel for almost 3 years. I see many users here like Vimeo.

What are the reasons someone would choose Vimeo over YouTube.

I know its a little off topic, but I was just wondering

D

Others can chime in but You Tube tags better since its owned by Google.

I use Vimeo for quality. It has a different compression and just looks better to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edunwody said:
Others can chime in but You Tube tags better since its owned by Google.

I use Vimeo for quality. It has a different compression and just looks better to me.

+1

As an editor, i find Vimeo to be more for professionals who are showcasing their work. Much less stupidty on Vimeo also. Although, i enjoy youtube when I need a fix of "epic fails", pure stupidity or cool videos of you guys flying the Phantom!

i find Vimeo to be more for professionals who are showcasing their work. Much less stupidty on Vimeo also. Although, i enjoy youtube when I need a fix of "epic fails", pure stupidity or cool videos of you guys flying the Phantom!

+1. I may go to youtube for some tutorials, or dumb stuff, but I like the upscale look of Vimeo.

I'm on YouTube right now exclusively because I get paid to be there.

I have over 280,000 views, and 2200 subscribers, and with the advertising, I get paid every few months. Now, I can't retire from it, but it does buy a nice dinner out with my best girl every so often.

Can I do that on Vimeo? I am thinking of dual building.

Any advice?

Darren

CameraGuy said:
I'm on YouTube right now exclusively because I get paid to be there.

I have over 280,000 views, and 2200 subscribers, and with the advertising, I get paid every few months. Now, I can't retire from it, but it does buy a nice dinner out with my best girl every so often.

Can I do that on Vimeo? I am thinking of dual building.

Any advice?

Darren

People often forget that you can make money from YouTube. To many fools posting BS videos for people to realise!

I know that Youtube re-wraps the video as an mp4. Not sure what Vimeo wraps it as but the best settings for Vimeo are http://vimeo.com/help/compression

We do have great success with h.264 on youtube though. It's a quick upload and keeps the file at a workable size.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj