Viewing quality on app. video vs photo.

Reaction score
Hi i am new here really enjoying my new p3p and with so many people on here sharing i have found out all the pros and cons off you guys which is so much help.
There is one issue i have that i can't seem to resolve and its when I'm viewing on my note 4 my while flying in video mode all is perfect quality video feed through DJI GO app but as soon i switch to photo camera mode is changes/reduces the feed quality a good deal it is like a lot softer. If any one has any ideas or has the same problem and got a fix it would be much appreciated.

I'm not understanding your problem. How photo mode is related to video feed.

Set the camera settings, and then set the video settings by switching between each of the two.

We chatted about this exact issue in a thread pertaining to the maximum bit rate of the video downlink being different rates for the P3P versus the P3A.

Per the prior discussion, what you see is more pronounced on larger screens so some don't see it if they have small screens. It was also said to be more pronounced with the P3A since it has a much lower video downlink bit rate.

My own experience is exactly as you explained. If I set my app to video mode (even if not recording video) the FPV is much sharper than if I set the app to still photo mode. I can switch back and forth and easily see the quality changing.

Reactions: JoBe
So I'm not alone on this issue i wasn't sure how to put it across without sounding completely nuts lol.

But Thanks Oso for your comment.

So basically that is just how it is and we have to live with it for now?

All I can say is that's how it is for me. Since I know that is the behavior for me, I routinely just switch back to video mode after taking a still picture so that the FPV quality is restored. It doesn't bother me too much, but I would prefer if the FPV always stayed at the higher quality no matter which mode I happened to be in.

Also, whenever I have mentioned it or have seen others mention it, there was some skepticism from those who don't see a difference. Just know that I see it every time I fly, so you are not crazy!

Reactions: JoBe
So I'm not alone on this issue i wasn't sure how to put it across without sounding completely nuts lol.

But Thanks Oso for your comment.

Don't ever use words like sounding nuts. This is our forum and we can ask any question even if it's a dumb. Most of the help is needed by newbies and they have no idea how things work. We all learned at some point of time and so much still more to learn.

Reactions: lotusteve and Oso

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj