Videos freeze

Reaction score
P3Pro: My third flight & I'm stoked with excitement, took great videos of cliffs (even traversing below controller) However, I downloaded micro to computer via USB adapter onto Lightroom 5+ and after I save videos, periodically they freeze during playback. I set app for 4K 4096x2160 24fps, format mov, pal, standard, D-Log. Photo: HDR, 4:3, jpeg, D-Log. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Your computer may not be supporting 4 K videos. Try 1080p first.

Your computer may not be supporting 4 K videos. Try 1080p first.

I agree sounds like potentially your computer cannot handle 4K playback.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Not sure on player, I assumed WMP but does Lightroom have different? Is there an upgrade to 4K. I truly appreciate everyone's share

Lightroom isn't designed for video work. Stick with Premiere Pro, Final Cut, Avid, or any other program specifically designed for video. Also, like others have said, you need to have a fairly robust machine to handle real time playback of 4K material. A good CPU and GPU are necessary investments if you plan on doing 4K video work. One of the benefits of using Premiere is the ability to scale the quality of video playback (1/2, 1/4, 1/8) to compensate for a machine that may not be as powerful as you'd like. Also, you should try shooting some stuff in 1080p and see what results you get. Chances are that your computer will be able to handle it much more easily.

I was having a similar problem and I discovered that I had formatted card using eXFat on my windows PC and the camera does not perform well trying to write to it. Once I reformatted in the P3 all was good. I also found that VLC works better than using Windows media player or quicktime. The computer requirements aren't quite as significant as many would make you believe. My Acer Laptop with a Intel Core i5 1.7GHz, 4GB Memory and Intel HD 4000 Graphics works fine, Make sure your video drivers are up to date.

BTW, if you are in Houston, why are you set for PAL instead of NTSC? Just curious..

My first name is Houston, I'm in CA

My first name is Houston, I'm in CA

Sorry Houston, even in California I am confused why your camera was set for PAL (50hz) instead of NTSC (60hz). Anyone in North America should be using NTSC as that is the standard for our region. You may have a very good reason for doing so, I just don't know why that would be.

I didn't know, now I do, thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20