Video Work on Mac or PC

Reaction score
I'm using the "Trial" version of Adobe products on a Mac and a PC.

Again, like who likes Ford vs Chevy, who prefers Mac/PC and why?

Thank you,

Happydogs

PC because of cost. I built a core i7 about 5 years ago with duel vid cards and 12GB of RAM. SSD for windows and plenty of storage on a regular HD. I spent just over $2,000 for this set up and it's still great. I've noticed a bit of lag running Premiere on videos with a lot of effects. I may need to upgrade my vid cards / RAM but other than that it runs fine.

The Mac Pro starts at $3,000. You could spend $10,000 on a Mac or a PC but if you take a step down from the "just released yesterday" processes, RAM and vid cards you can build a beast of a PC for around $2,000. $2,000 will get you a low end iMac or one of their laptops. Not bad choices but I prefer my dollars to go directly to capabilities, and not partially to looks and cool factor.

You get what you pay for. Macs are more built for artists (photo, video, etc.) while PCs are more for word processing and gaming.

Some like it hot
Some like it cold!

I like it cold i was born and raised in LA and chose to move to Goteburg Sweden for 2 years and i loved it and what i love most was the cold weather!

Oh by the way i worked for Apple for 10 years so i would say i prefer a Mac over a PC! lol

Doh

I've tried both, and gone for Final Cut Pro x as it's just as versatile and less expensive than adobe premier pro and after effects also final cut is easier to learn quickly, although there's loads of you tube how to for both.
I'm still learning as a complete beginner but slowly improving, just need to get more footage and the weather to do it :D

I have endured windows for 15 years simply for the better support. I have endured numerous crashes and would love A computer that 'just works'!

Dual boot Hackintosh system, I7 3.51 Processor, 32 gig of ram, dual AMD HD7950 video cards, multiple SSD drives and a terabyte drive for backup and the Windows OS. Best of both worlds, photo/video editing on the Mac side, gaming, business on the Windows side. Total of around $1500 if you build it yourself, OS's included.

Mac. I made the jump from PC to Mac about 7 years ago specifically to land on an video editing system that worked. and didn't require hourly or surprise reboots. After a short learning curve of learning the basic differences between Mac and PC my thoughts were "I should've done this years ago". I'm still using that same iMac today with Final Cut express and I do not regret that decision to move to a Mac for a moment. My old iMac is a bit slow and memory challenged by today's standards, but still functions reliably and is going strong.

right now i'm running on both...i use adobe cc products so i can run on either system. i have the external hard drives formatted with exfat so they are interchangeable between mac and pc. i'm very new (haha...only to this...i used computers back in the Trash 80s days) to this and am learning steadily, if not so very quickly!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20