Video uploading

Reaction score
I'm probably over looking this , but I have p3p and I recorded some beautiful shots of my town. Now every time I try to upload it to YouTube it does it in 720p ? I don't understand how to get the true 4k on there. Also when I look at the videos on my computer they don't look as smooth as some of the other users on here ? Can someone help !

Sent from my SM-N920V using PhantomPilots mobile app

YT does 4K too

OP how are you uploading and what editor are you using?

^^^ this.
Also, when you upload your video in 4k, it will not display immediately in higher (than 720) resolutions. Have you tried going back later to see if you can choose a higher res?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

^^^ this.
Also, when you upload your video in 4k, it will not display immediately in higher (than 720) resolutions. Have you tried going back later to see if you can choose a higher res?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
When I upload it doesn't give me any options ? On YouTube at least. Maybe I'm doing something out of wacky

You need to find out exactly what your exporting in, in WMM. I have a feeling it might be 720. YT doesn't give you an option, it just uploads what you give it. And as posted above it takes a while for them to complete. For instance, if I upload a 1080 vid, it will only be available in 480 for the first 15-20 minutes or so.

I edit on an older iMac, with iMovie that supports 4k. My mac won't however, so I get a warning when I try to edit with 4K. It tells me I can only export in 1080, even though I started with, and edited, a 4k vid.

You need to find out exactly what your exporting in, in WMM. I have a feeling it might be 720. YT doesn't give you an option, it just uploads what you give it. And as posted above it takes a while for them to complete. For instance, if I upload a 1080 vid, it will only be available in 480 for the first 15-20 minutes or so.

I edit on an older iMac, with iMovie that supports 4k. My mac won't however, so I get a warning when I try to edit with 4K. It tells me I can only export in 1080, even though I started with, and edited, a 4k vid.
Is there any free editing software that supports 4k no problem. Just trying to see what are my other options

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik