Reaction score
I should start that I have a slow computer so watching video is a bit hit and miss to begin with, but since getting my Pro a couple of months ago, it started out great, video spot on and totally impressed, but I guess I did something at some point as now I get a stepping effect in the video, totally baffled, will try and upload the first and latest video to demonstrate, hopefully someone can advise and its a setting I can change .... ok that sucks cant upload a .mov file to a Video Cam forum ... really???

Dropbox - DJI Stutter

I should start that I have a slow computer so watching video is a bit hit and miss to begin with, but since getting my Pro a couple of months ago, it started out great, video spot on and totally impressed, but I guess I did something at some point as now I get a stepping effect in the video, totally baffled, will try and upload the first and latest video to demonstrate, hopefully someone can advise and its a setting I can change
I don't see a stutter here.
Are you shooting in 4K?
If so try reducing the resolution and shooting a test video in 1080p and see if that looks different.
If that looks good you know the problem is in your computer and not the phantom.

Reactions: Allan Marriott
Yes but don't want to use lower, think that's like having a fast car that has a whine in 5+6th so you only use 4th, if it dont work get it fixed, if this is how it is, fair enough, but not getting that anyone else is really experiencing this, worried its something more serious, note the stutter is best explained as:

You see approx 1.5-2s of "normal" feed, water rippling or smooth motion obvious, then it jumps clearly a chunk of frames further on, (noticeable step) and the Step is like clockwork, similar to video lag maintaining sync by just skipping forward, this step is as regular as can be, almost like its recording only 48 frames every 2.5s missing 12 frames every 2s and just jumping those 12 frames at the start of the 3rd second and repeat

@Allan Marriott, I decided to download, instead of viewing in a browser, won't be able to look at them tell tomorrow, home computers slow also.

You might film in the res you want, so you have the quality in the original. Then use something like this to reduce it so you can watch on your slow computer.

Free Video Compressor

Welcome to the Forum! ;)

Rod

Yes but don't want to use lower, think that's like having a fast car that has a whine in 5+6th so you only use 4th, if it dont work get it fixed, if this is how it is
Who said anything about "fixing" it?
We're still trying to confirm what the issue is.
Go and take some sample video at 1080p and see if that is any better.
You could also try some different viewing software.
Have you tried VLC?

@Allan Marriott, Well I did look at it, I think I see what you stating, but I'm know expert, what I do know is when I had this computer built I asked the guy to set me up with the monitor, video card, etc, that will display the best that my P3S would do. When I asked him what it would take to do 4K (now your talking money) if I want to be able to edit that data, etc. Solid State Drive, Hard Drives are not fast enough, and a lot more. So I don't know if this computer is fast enough to view what you posted.

Here was another thread, that I copied my computer info in.

Post #7
Standard - Why is my video jerky

Rod

Very true, that has been a fix a couple of times, also the IMU, and Gimbal Calibration. ;)

Rod

Thanks Everyone so far, have uploaded a bunch more files in all the formats, obviously the lower the res the smoother the file as expected,reset all the video settings and think it is much improved and only now seeing computer lag, but with a slow computer I am just not sure, using videpad editor for movie creation and editing, its hard work on such a slow computer and takes all night to convert the files / save the final version, hence need to resolve the input data to make sure I have the best chance of creating good output, will be investing in a new computer at some stage

thumb-up-terminator pablo M R.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31