video stream on laptop

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I want to get the live stream from the phantom to my pc to use it in a code that I'm writing...any ideas how I can do that?

It's a little tough to do that right now as none of the flight software is written for Windows or MAC operating systems. The only way to do it at current is to have a table that can stream to PC or use a software that does the remote streaming. Even with the newer tablets that can stream to TV etc. not sure than can do it live while you are wifi connected to the Pantom.

I mean even if I have to connect the mobile or tablet to the pc using a cable, there's no problem.
I just need to get the video stream from the tablet and enter it in a code... like the rtsp that is used with ip cameras.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
the easy way, no need to write a code,

I think you understood me wrong. I need a way to enter the live stream into my code not record the stream.

You are saying LIVE stream. That is here and now as its flying. Or do you just need to load the finished video to the PC?

Investigated this a while ago..unless someones figured it out recently I don't think its possible.. its apparantly using a modified version of UDT.

Chat to the guy in this thread... He has done an amazing job figuring out the pinout of basically every cable.. Very smart fellow.

In this thread he's trying to do what you are doing..it has abit of info.. maybe he has more info now in another thread or something..

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2260478

I don't think he wants to capture what is on the screen..
He wants to connect to the video stream using what ever protocol the video uses natively.. as in without an app in the middle.

That reflector app looks pretty cool though :)
And Larsmars... I love Belgium!! Little off topic, but Beglium was one of my fav countries when I went to Europe. I want to retire in Brugge one day.

On facebook there is a group "DJI Inspire & phantom live feeds". they are using shou.tv for live streaming.

I mean to see live stream as the phantom is flying and the camera is capturing the video. Yes justin00 I dont want to record whats on the screen I need the actual live stream

Best hope is to chat to that guy on Rcgroups - sea_owl of what ever his name was.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers