Video stops recording… Please help

Reaction score
Hello fellow Phantom pilots,

More times than not when I record video over approximately three minutes I get the tone that denotes starting/stopping video recording along with some green lines and mild video latency in my live video feed momentarily. But my video recording stops, and honestly, it's sort of hard to notice. What is causing this? And more importantly, what do I do to resolve this?

Here's a little background.

First, I am using an SD card, 32 GB, which was in a severely crashed Phantom 3 Advanced. The video that I was shooting on the occasion of the crash was approximately 10 to 12 minutes long. Surprisingly, the SD card seemed to have been unscathed; however, the video which I was shooting at the occasion of the crash would only play up to approximately the halfway point. It simply wouldn't play anything thereafter. The other photo and videos which I had on the card displayed and played without a problem. I am not 100% sure if the video recording had stopped at the moment of the crash.

Second, I am using the remote which I had with my P3A to fly a used Phantom 3 Professional which I bought for an amazingly good deal off of craigslist. The remote I purchased with that package seemed to work fine, but it was a little dirty; therefore, I linked my previous remote to my now new Phantom 3 Professional. The model numbers of the two remotes were the same… GL 300A. The linking process took place without glitches.

Third, when I first noticed the recording glitch, I performed a firmware update. My firmware is the latest on all of the equipment. Also, I formatted the SD card in the Phantom using the DJI GO app. The problem has still been occurring.

I am thinking the SD card may be corrupted and I should simply replace it. But what are all of you thinking about this? I could also try to link the original remote with the Phantom 3 Professional to see if the problem resolves.

As always, thanks for sharing your collective knowledge and experience!

DMAC

Hello, I would start on the simple things first. Try a different memory card #10 is best for videos. Look in card slot and see if there is any debris(dirt, dust etc.)

Thank you. Very good and appropriate advice. The SD card is an Ultra HC I. It's the one that came with it from DJI.

Normally a card should be taken out with battery off but you can't control it during accidents. You should format card and check. Alternately you can buy another card of reputed brand.

Reactions: DMac
My problem seems to be resolved. I removed what appears to have been a corrupted SD card and replaced it with one which was previously working, a 16 GB version. I reformatted it and just had an over 18 minute flight without any interruptions in recording or problems whatsoever for the duration of the flight.

Thank you for your help very much!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic