Video settings

Reaction score
Hey Guys what video settings would you recommend if i am to colour grade later in post editing?

Sometimes i won't be colour grading just a quick post edit
What video settings if no colour grading is done and video is just left as is?

Might try the D-Cinemalike over the D-log, although both pretty much dull the scene and colors with the D-Cine one doing less of it. I also find it takes a lot of post contrast work (Where you then lose the shadow detail the D-x was supposed to help with.) and color work both to bring them up out of the mud, so to speak. Some I see on the web still look muddy and low contrast with gray water for the surf instead of white at noontime.

Try the TrueColor or the DJIColor and see how it goes. Both have a lot more contrast and might make for less post editing. The Art is sort of a muted color, and Vivid is too much. Beach goes orangeish. Might adjust the Sharpness up a point or two also as the D-x seems soft in general.

If you want "accurate color" you can buy a x-rite ColorChecker Passport and shoot that with the camera and then put that DNG still file through software like Lightroom which will adjust the color for stills. I think Final Cut Pro does the same with the CC Passport with video too - maybe.

Might try the D-Cinemalike over the D-log, although both pretty much dull the scene and colors with the D-Cine one doing less of it. I also find it takes a lot of post contrast work (Where you then lose the shadow detail the D-x was supposed to help with.) and color work both to bring them up out of the mud, so to speak. Some I see on the web still look muddy and low contrast with gray water for the surf instead of white at noontime.

Try the TrueColor or the DJIColor and see how it goes. Both have a lot more contrast and might make for less post editing. The Art is sort of a muted color, and Vivid is too much. Beach goes orangeish. Might adjust the Sharpness up a point or two also as the D-x seems soft in general.

If you want "accurate color" you can buy a x-rite ColorChecker Passport and shoot that with the camera and then put that DNG still file through software like Lightroom which will adjust the color for stills. I think Final Cut Pro does the same with the CC Passport with video too - maybe.

Thanks for your advice since posting i have set to DJIColor and the results pretty good although i may just need to lower the sharpness just a tad was getting slight artifacts in objects like roofs and fences not much but i will do some adjustments and see how it goes.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik