Video settings help

Reaction score
Just done 3 videos of the same 360 deg footage all same height.
Which are all at 1080. But different fps 1st @25 2nd @48 3rd @50
The one at 25 looks a bit jerky the one at 48 looks better and the one at 50 looks good, why is this ? I thought it was better to film at 25fps. Also what's the auto flicker setting do.can anyone tell me what to set the settings to to get a smooth video.
Thanks.

You are referring to frames per second @fps. 50 is double the frames of 25. The higher the number the better detail you should have. If it doesn't look better at a higher frame rate it has to do with the equipment reading the software. In some cases the equipment can't handle the higher process demand and the result will be that it wont look as good. I actually use @30fps only because the laptop I use for editing the video will not handle @60fps that I would like to use.

Reactions: Mike Mauk
Thanks.. Why have I only got the option of 1080 @ 50fps. And not 1080@ 60fps. It's a p3a.

right... just done some more tests.. changed to NTSC and put on auto flicker. the best smooth setting is the 1080@60 and [email protected] very smooth video playback, I did a test with 1080@24 and this was jerky..1080@30 was ok as well. there was no difference in quality playback between the 1080@60 and the 720@60. (well I could not see it if there was)

Reactions: Mike Mauk
PAL and NTSC are different TV systems, NTSC is mainly used in the US, PAL most other places.
However modern TV sets generally switch automatically between so you can use the settings to fine tune your video settings - or you might not be bothered about playing into a TV anyway.
30fps is 'possibly' best for uploading to youtube.
Lower spec computers can't always play 60fps smoothly.
You may as well record at 1080p even if you don't see much difference compared to 720p
On a larger screen computer rather than tablet the difference is easily seen.

Reactions: lotusteve

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers