Video samples with and without Anti-Jello Mount

Reaction score
...................I'm guessing after comparing the first clip and the second clip, my propellers need some serious balancing. It seems to only shake during certain parts of the video. I'm also guessing that it could be because I'm flying with GPS....but I'm not experience enough to fly without GPS. So I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't. LOL!!!!!

Both videos were taken at 1080p 60 fps wide. I converted them to 720p so they would upload quicker.

Any other suggestions???

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uY437LNEuAs[/youtube]

The most important thing you can do to reduce Jello is to remove the cause of the vibrations.
once you've got balanced props (and motors), a vibration damping mount is just like the icing on the cake.

So balance your props as best you can, and then do another round of test.

Flying in GPS mode won't add jello, just shakiness.

Capodrone said:
pwright said:
Balance your props and dump the mount.

What kinda mount was it so I don't waste my money... I'm sorry but your stock setup looked better.. :|

I know what you mean. The first setup I had jello, the second setup I had vibrations due to the props not being balanced.

Here's a video I did with the anti-jello mount and props balanced. I had a about two spots where the vibration showed and that my have been caused by a gust of wind.....but I'm not sure.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnLSBc7xS-w[/youtube]

Capodrone said:
pwright said:
Balance your props and dump the mount.

What kinda mount was it so I don't waste my money... I'm sorry but your stock setup looked better.. :|

Do a google search for this:

DJI Phantom VGE GoPro Anti-Jello Vibration Isolator Carbon Fiber Mount

It's just a weird theory I have but could any jello effect at all possibly be caused by prop shadow on the lens when facing/flying towards the sun?

The reason I say this is because I've previously been using my Phantom with a HERO2 and HERO3 and have not experienced jello on any footage.

Until Sunday when I used my HERO3 in some stronger winds than normal coupled with the camera facing very bright sun... My theory is that could jello be an effect of sun rays or slight shadow coming through the props onto the camera lens?

Additionally to add to the theory whilst the Phantom was not flying directly at the sun no jello was seen.

It's just a theory based on factors I've seen in play so don't go shooting me down straight away... it sounds plausable until someone can explain what I've experienced.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.