Video resolutions

Reaction score
So the new Standard has 2.7K resolution. If I'm only using a 1080P TV, then why do I need anything that's one iota bigger?
I'm annoyed the Advanced is missing this, but then I wonder why?
What is the purpose of middle ground resolution? I understand 1080p for a 1080P TV and the same with the 4K.
I've heard the downgraded video still looks better on a 1080P TV when shot it 4K. I just don't get the 2.7K format when we don't use it with 1080P, and it's short of being 4K.

You do understand that you could take 4k or 2.7k video and use it and zoom in and it would be better than 1080p quality unlike taking 1080 video and zooming you would loose detail etc. That is one reason

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I think its possible... but it will all depend on the processor and data rates the phantom can handle.

1080p@60fps on the P3Adv = 40.2mbs.
2.7k@30fps on the Gopro 4 = 45mbs.
What I don't know is the data rate on the P3 standard's 2.7k@30fps.
Lets hope they don't compromise data rate versus quality. Otherwise it will be just 2.7k with heavy compression and heaps of artefacts. An example was the Vision plus' 1080p@30fps at a dismal 11mbs.

Hopefully DJI will probably roll out on the P3A and Pro a new camera firmware.

I've had my P3 for a while now and used it almost exclusively for still shots and getting pretty good at it! I've just started playing with the video and it isn't smooth in playback. I'm sure it's in the settings I have but any advice on what minimums should be for a nice smooth recording would be helpful.

I've had my P3 for a while now and used it almost exclusively for still shots and getting pretty good at it! I've just started playing with the video and it isn't smooth in playback. I'm sure it's in the settings I have but any advice on what minimums should be for a nice smooth recording would be helpful.
It's not the recording that's choppy. It's the playback. Get a beefier computer.

It's not the recording that's choppy. It's the playback. Get a beefier computer.

Hummmm, I have tons of video from my phone as well as LARGE file videos and none of them do anything like this. My computer if far from whimpy with a 2.5 GHz processor and 6 GB ram.

Hummmm, I have tons of video from my phone as well as LARGE file videos and none of them do anything like this. My computer if far from whimpy with a 2.5 GHz processor and 6 GB ram.
Well, are you recording in 4k?

Well, are you recording in 4k?
This is why I asked since I'm new with the video and asking for the basics setup. I honestly don't know what it's set to and it's not with me here at work. What would you suggest I set it for to get a nice smooth playback?

This is why I asked since I'm new with the video and asking for the basics setup. I honestly don't know what it's set to and it's not with me here at work. What would you suggest I set it for to get a nice smooth playback?
Well, assuming you're recording in 4k (which seems to be the case), set it to 1080p/60fps. If you want to play/edit 4k, you're going to need a beefier computer.

Well, assuming you're recording in 4k (which seems to be the case), set it to 1080p/60fps. If you want to play/edit 4k, you're going to need a beefier computer.
Interesting! Since I'm getting ready for a new laptop anyway...... What should I be looking for as far as BEEFIER goes?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj