Video resolution ?

Reaction score
Now that I have the Vision+ I am really happy about it, except for the video quality.
Compared to the cheap Moebius ActionCam, the video quality really sucks. The 1080p looks more like 640x480 scaled up than real 1920x1080p. Looks with less detail/resolution than 720p scaled up. With Moebius I see individual grass leaves, with the Vision+ only blurry green mass.

Anybody else experiencing this ? How do we get a fair or good quality video out of the camera ? Are there any hidden settings ? Do I need to exit camera control to record acceptable quality ?

I am using 32GB Sandisk UHC-1 card, so card should be fast enough

povlhp said:
Now that I have the Vision+ I am really happy about it, except for the video quality.
Compared to the cheap Moebius ActionCam, the video quality really sucks. The 1080p looks more like 640x480 scaled up than real 1920x1080p. Looks with less detail/resolution than 720p scaled up. With Moebius I see individual grass leaves, with the Vision+ only blurry green mass.

Anybody else experiencing this ? How do we get a fair or good quality video out of the camera ? Are there any hidden settings ? Do I need to exit camera control to record acceptable quality ?

I am using 32GB Sandisk UHC-1 card, so card should be fast enough
The resolution is there, but the compression (bitrate) just sucks. Specifically with fast moving images (like grass blowing in the wind or if you're flying over grass very fast). The compressor just can't keep up and everything turns one green mass. Check out the sharpness and resolution once you hang still at about 100ft or so. It's better. But still it's no GoPro ;)

I have found that video quality is directly related to good available lighting... My rule of thumb is of it's good for photography, then it's good for video...

And don't shoot into the sun... Always looks bad in video's and photography shots...

PS.. I hope they release a filter kit for the plus... A CP lens would be very helpful...

CP might not be as usefull as you think. I have one a Canon EF-S 10-22mm which I use with CP. Since it covers such a large FoV, it often does funny things with the skies. Takes som extra attention, which is difficult to give it in the air.

Higher bitrate is needed, if what we see is the result of compression artifacts. I don't care how much space it takes. But at some bitrates, the card interface might start being the bottleneck. Maybe the bitrate is the result of many cheap low bitrate cards in circulation in China ?

I find the video looks nicer if the light is more subtle, like near sunset or bright cloud rather than very strong sun.
That did make me wonder if an ND filter would be worth trying in bright sun if available.

Yesterday I was looking at footage on a 32" LCD TV via HDMi cable and at 1080p - it is very watchable.
Even youtube V+ videos looked surprisingly good at 1080p viewed like this.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4