Video refresh rate?

Reaction score
Hi,

What video refresh rate and resolution are you guys using to send the video back to your smartphone. I find that 30fps at the highest resolution breaks the video to my iPhone some 300mts out(or less) while on urban environments. I get the gray video screen with the spinning wheel and the video feed freezes. I have to recycle everything before I get video back. I never lose telemetry data even though I don't get video feed.

I decreased the video feed to 15fps and it seem to have solved the problem, although I had the impression that with the stage 3 mod I would be able to have 30fps video feed active without complications. I guess I was wrong.

I have a FPVLR stage 3 PSV+ that has never been crashed.

Cheers,

Charlie

Charlieb said:
Hi,

What video refresh rate and resolution are you guys using to send the video back to your smartphone. I find that 30fps at the highest resolution breaks the video to my iPhone some 300mts out(or less) while on urban environments. I get the gray video screen with the spinning wheel and the video feed freezes. I have to recycle everything before I get video back. I never lose telemetry data even though I don't get video feed.

I decreased the video feed to 15fps and it seem to have solved the problem, although I had the impression that with the stage 3 mod I would be able to have 30fps video feed active without complications. I guess I was wrong.

Cheers,

Charlie

Hi Charlie, this is Tony from FPVLR.com
I have found that the refresh rate is very dependent on the phone, how many apps are running, even placement of the phone itself seems to make a difference.
You can try removing the iPhone from the holder and distancing it from the extender a few feet, or try a different phone to see if the problem is app-depended or phone dependent.

Even with stage 2 some people are able to keep 640x480 30fpv out to 3000+ft
It's very random though, and most people seem to use 640x480 15fps.

Tony.

kondorfpv said:
I have found that the refresh rate is very dependent on the phone, how many apps are running, even placement of the phone itself seems to make a difference.
You can try removing the iPhone from the holder and distancing it from the extender a few feet, or try a different phone to see if the problem is app-depended or phone dependent.

Tony.

Hi Tony,

I have a iPhone 5 and a iPhone 5S, with both I get similar results. I run nothing else but the DJI Vision app. I will try with the iPhone 6 later on today to see if I get different results. For a while I thought it was due to the half dome antenna that became undone for no reason.

Cheers,

Charlie

kondorfpv said:
Charlieb said:
Hi,

Cheers,

Charlie

Tony.
I can confirm what Tony says from experience. I have his x3 kit and always use 640x480 30fps streaming option to an N5. Furthest I've taken this setup is 3,700ft.

I don't get the same results with an N7 but do with an old Asus transformer prime 10" tablet so device certainly matters on this one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.